With AdventureNEXT Near East less than a month away, a groundswell of support from local suppliers and enthusiasm from registered delegates promises to mark this as a landmark Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) event. The event, which is the first of its kind to highlight adventure travel in the Near East, will be held 15-17 May 2017 at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea in Jordan.
Local suppliers at both the main event and during Pre-Adventures held prior to AdventureNEXT Near East illuminating the diversity of Jordan’s adventure activities will educate delegates and share personal anecdotes and insights about the region. Their unique perspectives and active support promoting an often misunderstood and overlooked but truly spectacular part of the world is critical to increasing tourism revenue in Jordan and throughout the broader region.
“Travel and tourism play an important role in the region’s future as it supports the economic growth and diversification of the region,” said Manal Kelig, the ATTA’s executive director, Middle East and North Africa. “The global focus of attention to the rapid growth of adventure travel and its contribution to the preservation of the cultural and environmental resources caught the attention of the region. Across the region, countries, cities, towns, and villages are working on various adventure travel development programs. The ATTA is working closely with different destinations in the region on showcasing their adventure travel offerings to grow tourist numbers and revenues while better managing its current cultural and natural resources.”
Approximately two dozen local and regional suppliers will be attending the AdventureNEXT Near East Marketplace. For many, this will be their first time attending an event hosted by the ATTA, and participating in AdventureNEXT Near East firmly cements their role as pioneers in the region’s adventure travel industry. Kurdistan Iraq Tours won a scholarship to last year’s Adventure Travel World Summit, and the ATTA is excited to see the company return, carrying its momentum and commitment to adventure travel forward.
Confirmed marketplace suppliers include the following tour operators and businesses:
- Abercrombie & Kent Jordan – Founded in 1999, one of only a few “true” luxury travel companies within Jordan offering the finest, most deluxe ground operations available.
- Amani Tours – A tour company offering unique, customized experiences in Jordan with a personal touch.
- Caravan Kooch Adventure Travel – An Iran ground handler and tour operator since 2006 with specialities in the fields of trekking, mountain biking, and desert and ski tours.
- Dakkak Tours International – A tourism business in the Middle East for more than half a century, and in Jordan for more than 25 years, with staff proficient in a number of languages.
- Encounters Travel – A company specialising in good value and exciting small group and custom-made adventures in Egypt (as well as more than 30 other countries).
- Engaging Cultures Travel – A socially-conscious tour operator creating customized private tours in Jordan, Tunisia, and Palestine/Israel.
- Experience Jordan – An operator offering hiking, biking, and experiential sightseeing tours in the Middle East with experienced guides who take visitors off the beaten path to meet the people, experience the hospitality, and taste the delights of the region.
- Gateway To Egypt – Providers of adventure tours along the Nile in Egypt for small groups. Its sister company is Great Wonders of Egypt, a full-fledged tour operator company based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Green Arrow Tours – At the forefront of new technology and bright ideas, the company’s products include adventure tours, responsible and sustainable tourism offerings, and meetings, incentives, and conferences.
- Hike’n Sail Travel – Based in İstanbul, Turkey, the company’s tours combine hiking, sailing, sea-kayaking, botanizing, and biking with intellectually challenging content.
- Iran Doostan Tours – One of Iran’s leading inbound tour operators specializing in classic culture-based tours as well as adventure travel (mountain climbing, desert safaris, trekking, camping, and birding) and educational programs.
- Karma House DMC – A company that emerged as a partner to world travelers seeking to explore the wonders of Jordan, rich with historical sites, beautiful weather, unique landscapes, and unforgettable cultural experiences.
- Kurdistan Iraq Tours – This is Iraqi Kurdistan’s first inward-focused tourism company focused on building custom, luxury tours for guests looking to experience the culture, history, scenery, and adventure of Kurdistan.
- Lebanon Mountain Trail Association – The Lebanon Mountain Trail is the first long-distance hiking trail in Lebanon extending 470 kilometers (293 miles) showcasing the natural beauty and cultural wealth of Lebanon’s mountains and towns.
- Magic Arabia – One of the major DMCs in this region of the world with an international team based in offices in Dubai, Oman, and Jordan.
- Rahhalah Explorers – An adventure travel company based in Dubai and Kuwait specializing in exploring the beautiful planet in a responsible way with exceptional customer service and life-changing experiences.
- Siraj Center – A company encouraging international visitors to immerse themselves in Palestinian hospitality, cultural heritage, and unspoiled nature.
- Terhaal Adventures – Jordanian tour operator running memorable adventure tours and experiences in Jordan including trekking, biking, hiking, canyoning, and horseback riding.
- Tyche Travel & Tourism – Independent professional DMC and receptive tour operator founded in 1979 that knows Jordan inside out.
- Visit Jordan – The Jordan Tourism Board (JTB) was established in 1997 as a partnership between the private and public sector with the aim of creating and implementing marketing strategies to market Jordan’s tourism potential worldwide.
AdventureNEXT Near East has attracted the attention of dozens of industry buyers and media from around the world interested in learning more about adventure travel opportunities in the region. Efforts put forth by Visit Jordan and other regional partners have sparked an increasing amount of interest among travelers in recent years, and some buyers already have some offerings in the region. “We are currently seeing quite a lot of growth for Jordan among our three brands: Geckos, Intrepid, and Peregrine,” said Daniella Van Haltren of Intrepid Travel, who will be attending AdventureNEXT as a buyer. “We are interested in further developing our product range and seeing what else we could be offering our passengers.”
Other delegates are just beginning to learn about what the region has to offer their companies, such as Andrew Straw of Saddle Skedaddle Cycling Holidays. “Jordan is a destination that we believe has the perfect ingredients for our expansion beyond the UK: accessibility, culture, great accommodation, and amazing cycling,” he said. “We look forward to developing new product in this unique region.”
For those interested in attending, registration is still open for AdventureNEXT Near East.