Come discover a land of Endless Horizons
The Namibia Tourism Board embarks on its first-ever U.S. road show February 28 – March 4, 2012. Fifteen of Namibia’s premier tourism products will visit Washington DC and New York City to introduce this culturally rich, adventure-filled and visually stunning Southern African nation to U.S. media, trade and travelers at the following events:
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
- MCC Brown Bag Presentation – 12:30pm – 2:00pm
Millennium Challenge Corporation Office: 875 Fifteenth Street NW (at I Street) Washington DC
Learn how Namibia’s community-driven approach to natural resource management is creating prosperity and stability for this Southern African nation.
To RSVP: www.mcc.gov/rsvp/feb28
- Network Namibia Cocktail Reception – 6:00pm – 7:30pm
National Press Club: 529 14th Street NW (at F Street NW), Washington DC
Consumers, travel trade and media are invited to hear the fascinating story about how and why Namibia has become the global benchmark in conservation policy-making.
To RSVP: [email protected] (Subject Line: Namibia Reception)
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
- Endless Horizons Media Reception – 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Midtown Loft & Terrace: 267 Fifth Avenue (at E 29th Street), New York NY
Private event for Greater New York City-based travel, lifestyle, environment and travel trade media.
For more information, contact Terry Levine:[email protected]; (212) 444-7128
Thursday, March 1, 2012
- The Gathering at APTA – 5:00pm – 9:00om
The Down Town Association: 60 Pine Street (Between William Street and Pearl Street),
New York NY
Namibia will be sponsoring this annual gathering of the Northeast Chapter of the Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa.
RSVP: [email protected]
Saturday, March 3 – Sunday, March 4, 2012
New York Times Travel Show
Jacob Javits Center: 655 W34th Street (at Eleventh Avenue), New York NY
Opportunity for Greater New York City residents to learn more about Namibia.
Admission Cost: $15 (Children under 18 are free)
Namibia Tourism Product Represented:
– Air Namibia – African Profile Safaris
– ATI Holidays – Camelthorn Transfers & Tours
– Exotic Travel & Safari – Erindi Game Reserve
– GocheGanas Nature Reserve – Nali Safaris
– Namibia Wildlife Resorts – Onguma Game Reserve
– Rose Inn Guesthouse – Tenna Express Shuttle Tours & Safaris
– Ultimate Safaris – Vulkan Ruine Tours & Transfers
– Wilderness Safaris
Media Interviews Available:
- Namibia Tourism Board Chief Executive Office Mr. Digu Naobeb
To schedule an interview, contact Namibia Tourism Board Media Liaison Malcolm Griffiths: [email protected], cell (212) 960-3369