(SEATTLE) – JULY 15, 2009 – Helping to ensure it trade-only executive conference delivers the vision, strategy and direction attending delegates expect, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) today named its Advisory Committee for its October 19-22, 2009, Adventure Travel World Summit (ATWS) being held in Charlevoix, Québec, Canada.
Adventure travel community leaders comprise the ATWS Advisory Committee and represent diverse industry sectors and geographic regions. Committee members represent tour operators, tourism boards, destination marketing organizations, tour operators, adventure travel agents and media.
Selected annually, Advisory Committee members are tasked to provide advice and direction to Summit organizers to ensure their respective sectors of the industry are properly represented at the ATWS. Among their specific responsibilities, Summit advisors provide feedback on Summit plans and activities, facilitate ATWS sessions, and serving as Summit ambassadors before, during and after the Summit.
The Advisory Committee is comprised of the following industry leaders who have committed to serve active roles in executing the 2009 Adventure Travel World Summit:
- Asfour, Malia, Director, Jordan Tourism Board North America (Jordan)
- Bressler, Ben, Founder & Director, Natural Habitat Adventures (U.S.)
- Fein, Judith, Freelance Journalist (U.S.)
- Mairs, Beth, Founder/Director, Wild Women Expeditions (Canada)
- Marker, Casey, Director, Marketing & Sales, Zegrahm Expeditions (U.S.)
- Moman, Praveen, Managing Director, Volcanoes Safaris (Uganda)
- Nodland, Helen, Director, Member Sales & Service, Virtuoso/V.A.S.T. (U.S.)
- Razel, Jean-Claude, President, ABETA (Brazil)
- Saad, Manal, Co-Founder/Sales & Marketing Director, Gateway to Egypt (Egypt)
- Siekman, Loren, Founder/Director, Discover France Adventures (U.S./France)
- Tran Trong, Kien, Managing Director, Thien Minh Travel Joint Stock Company/Buffalo Tours (Vietnam)
- Vibeke Barnes, Hege, Key Account Manager, Innovation Norway Tourism – Americas (Norway)
Presented by the ATTA, the 2009 Adventure Travel World Summit is designed for industry executives and decision makers within the travel and tourism industry with a vested interest in the adventure travel community. The outcome of the ATWS is to equip delegates with tools to better their business, enable the industry to better serve travelers, promote responsible adventure tourism, and optimize the industry’s market potential through productive debate, dialogue and collaboration.
ATWS details and online registration are accessible at www.adventuretravelworldsummit.com.
Adventure Travel World Summit sponsors include Host Destination Tourisme Québec and Aventure Ecotourisme Québec, Major Sponsors ExOfficio and Men’s Journal, Key Sponsors Alpine Tourist Commission, Archaeology Magazine, Best of the Alps, Brazil, Tourism Promotion Corporation of Chile, Eddie Bauer, Innovation Norway, National Geographic Adventure.
Established in 1990, the ATTA (www.adventuretravel.biz) is a global membership organization dedicated to unifying, networking, professionalizing, promoting and responsibly growing the adventure travel market. ATTA members include tour operators, destination marketing organizations, tourism boards, specialty travel agents, guides, accommodations, media and service providers. Host of the annual Adventure Travel World Summit executive trade conferences, the ATTA also makes possible www.Adventure.Travel, the traveler’s hub of physical, cultural and nature-based adventure travel and guide to trusted tour operators from around the globe.