ATTA Member-Only Survey on Voluntourism Mentioned on PeterGreenberg.Org

A survey conducted by ATTA was recently mentioned in an article by Peter Greenberg on voluntourism:

Volunteer tourism or “voluntourism” is a growing niche in the travel industry. A 2008 survey by MSNBC and Condé Nast Traveler found that 20 percent of respondents had taken at least one volunteer vacation and 62 percent of those who hadn’t said they were likely to take one. According to a recent members-only survey conducting by the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA), 55 percent of the responding tour operators currently run volunteer trips and nearly half of the remaining 45 percent are considering offering them in the future. Translation: Travelers are no longer content with sightseeing. They want to be immersed in local culture. And most importantly, it seems, they want to give back to the communities they’re visiting.

Read the full article here.

1 Comment to ATTA Member-Only Survey on Voluntourism Mentioned on PeterGreenberg.Org

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>


© 2016 Adventure Travel Trade Association · 601 Union Street, Suite 4200 · Seattle, WA 98101 U.S.A. · +1 360.805.3131 · Privacy Policy · Refund Policy