Latest from the ATTA
- Industry Voices: Antje von Dewitz, Visionary Leader of VAUDE, Sets the Bar for Sustainability Among Outdoor Brands
- LifeStraw’s Humanitarian Mission Drove it to Become a Leading Water Filtration Company
- Leadership Voices: Ana Ines Figueroa and Jorge Moller Offer Insight Into the Latin American Adventure Market
Seattle, WA—Zegrahm Expeditions has become the leader in small-ship island circumnavigations and this August the adventure travel company will circumnavigate Ireland on an expedition that is not being offered by any other tour operator. Linking together a combination of places in the country that independent travelers couldn’t easily access on their own, this 14-day voyage combines charming villages, wondrous birdlife, historic landmarks, and incredible geologic features. This trip is lead by a team of experts including two of the company’s directors along with several Irish and United Kingdom natives, two of which hail from the Emerald Isle itself.
Among the many highlights of this expedition, travelers will:
- Explore the geological masterpiece of Giant’s Causeway—40,000 closely-packed hexagonal columns of varying heights that line the coast and descend like a staircase into the sea
- Embark on an iconic drive that encompasses some of the world’s finest scenery from Sneem to the market town of Kenmare, best known as the Ring of Kerry
- Zodiac cruise to the private island of Skellig Michael, once home to 9th-century Irish Christian monks, and now home to one of Europe’s best-known, but least-accessible monasteries—also a World Heritage Site
- Tour (and taste!) the Old Bushmills Distillery for a look into region’s best-known elixir
- Visit to Donegal’s Belleek Pottery studio to view artisans hard at work on traditional and contemporary tabletop, decorative, lighting, and jewelry pottery pieces
- Admire the skill and mastery of blowing, cutting, and engraving crystal ware at the renowned Waterford Crystal Gallery
- Raise a pint with fellow travelers and locals alike at several of the many pubs that dot the country
“We pride ourselves as a leader in small-ship cruising and this expedition is the perfect example of how we can tie together so many unique stops into one itinerary. Plus, with all the activities offered on this voyage, there really is something for every traveler,” says Zegrahm Expeditions’ President, Jon Nicholson.
This expedition, aboard the 110-passenger Clipper Odyssey, departs August 14, 2011. Ideally timed for summer vacation, Zegrahm offers family and friends traveling together a savings of 10% for four or more people and 15% when you travel with eight or more people. To learn more about this itinerary, visit: www.zeco.com.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.