www.Adventure.Travel, the travelers’ guide to finding adventure, has big news this spring, with significant website enhancements backed by a the launch of a more aggressive advertising campaign.
The site, which feature listings of more than 200 ATTA Member Tour Operators, will began its campaign this June, with advertisements in key adventure publications in North America and Australasia. The 2009 advertising campaign includes multiple ads in the following publications:
- Men’s Journal (circ: 700,000)
- National Geographic Adventure (circ: 625,000)
- BACKPACKER Magazine (circ: 1 million plus)
- Archaeology Magazine (circ: 225,000)
- The website will appear in Eddie Bauer‘s fall catalogs
- 20,000 STAA (Specialty Travel Agents Association) catalogs, passed out at consumer trade shows and to specialty travel agents
- TNT Magazine (Australia; circ: 12,000)
- Tens of thousands of Adventure.Travel Club Cards sent to ATTA Member Tour Operators in the U.S., for their respective customers
Among several important site enhancements made, www.Adventure.Travel has opened to public traveler reviews using the industry standard for online reviews, PowerReviews. The ATTA believes that reviews by its members’ clientele is the primary selling point of the adventure directory for future bookers, with online reviews increasingly becoming a trusted source of information (Deloitte 2007: read more). Reviews will play a key part in the ranking in search results: higher ranked operators will be listed higher. Additionally, anticipate the inclusion of a new wave of “Must Read” content for travelers arriving in the coming months, with contributions from adventure travel writers around the world – the new content is designed to inspire, engage, educate and motivate travelers to choose adventure first when considering what to do with their leisure time.
www.Adventure.Travel is the traveler’s guide for physical, cultural and nature-based adventure travel. In its second year, the site features more than 200 ATTA Member Tour Operators and top billing on many search engines. Adventure.Travel is brought to you by the Adventure Travel Trade Association, and made possible by ExOfficio.