Independent itinerary offers more flexibility for travellers this fall
Adventure travel specialist World Expeditions is pleased to announce the launch of its new self guided Everest trek beginning this October. Appealing to friends, couples, and families, the itinerary provides an independent, adaptable, and price-driven option for trekking the iconic Everest region supported by the company’s quality services and sustainable infrastructure.
“World Expeditions has been pushing the boundaries in the Himalayas since the company began in 1975,” said Nathalie Gauthier, North American Manager of World Expeditions. “The new self guided option is yet another innovative way for travellers to have the experience of a lifetime in the Everest region with the support of an experienced and responsible team.”
With fantastic mountain scenery and immersion in the Sherpa culture, the trek route is an excellent introduction to the Everest region. Travellers will be able to set their own pace and departure date. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal, they will be met by local staff who will provide them with maps, route descriptions, accommodation vouchers, and a World Expeditions trek pack. After a short flight to Lukla, they will then be able to make their own way through small villages toward Thyangboche Monastery for views of the world’s tallest peak.
Among the many benefits of travelling with World Expeditions is its commitment to responsible travel. Staying in the company’s renowned eco campsites and lodges, self guided travellers can rest assured that they are trekking in comfort with minimal impact on the environment. Likewise, access to the company’s porter services eliminates the need to carry a full pack while ensuring the highest standards of working conditions for local staff.
Additional advantages to the Self Guided Everest Trek include:
- Full breakfasts every morning with an option to add an additional meal package to include lunches and dinners
- Comfortable accommodations with access to the company’s exclusive amenities; dining rooms, showers, and western sit toilets
- All internal flights, airport transfers, and private transportation pre-arranged
- Use of a World Expeditions trek pack; a sleeping bag, a down or fibre fill jacket, and a fleece liner
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Access to the company’s safety network that verifies arrival to each camp
- A carefully-developed itinerary allowing for maximum acclimatization
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.