Montpelier, VT – The Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing and the state’s Travel and Recreation Council (TRC) recently debuted TRC Trending Topics, a monthly forum dedicated to stimulating conversation, creating educational networking opportunities and delivering industry best practices to a statewide audience. Council members devote 30 minutes to brainstorm with stakeholders and industry leaders to develop a synopsis on trending topics in the industry. The council then makes this information public via council member channels, business media and the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing commissioner’s newsletter.
The first TRC Trending Topic addressed Rebranding and Optimizing Assets with speaker Laura Parette, an independent designer and member of Revitalizing Waterbury. The group discussed the process of rebranding from needs assessment to launch and stewardship. The synopsis is available on VermontPartners.com.
On March 20, Newport City Renaissance Executive Director Patricia Sears will present on sourcing and featuring Vermont-made foods; she will highlight the development and marketing of the Northeast Kingdom Tasting Center.
Future topics include:
- Harness Vermont’s fishing and hunting opportunities
- Leverage Vermont’s artisan beverage industry
- Package and market your business via nearby assets and events
- Social media best practices and lessons learned
- Fresh ideas for seasonal or holiday marketing
- Partake and benefit from Vermont’s recreation industry
- Build a practical annual marketing plan
- Attract young and youthful visitors
TRC Trending Topics is open to professionals in the tourism industry and suggestions for future topics and speakers are encouraged. Meet TRC members at the annual Vermont Tourism Industry Conference in Manchester on April 2-3.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.