McLean, Va. — USA TODAY announced today an expansion of its travel Web site, Travel.USATODAY.com. The redesigned and enhanced site is a one-stop destination for travelers looking for expert travel-planning information, news you can use, actionable advice and tips, best-of-breed tools and apps, and community and conversation. It inspires readers, guides them through the travel process and helps them travel better, smarter and cheaper.
The expanded site now includes:
- Expanded and detailed destination content on 295 locations around the world, enriched with maps, photos and tools to help readers plan their trips.
- A new “Travel Tips” section provided by Demand Media with more than 4,000 savvy consumer tips and videos on a host of travel topics such as finding low airfare and hotel rates and traveling with kids on a business trip.
- A new destinations blog called “Dispatches” that features insider news, updates, mini trip reports and select photos from around the globe.
- A new “Deals” section featuring money-saving strategies and best offerings.
- Improved presentation and functionality of USA TODAY’s core niches on air travel, cruises and hotels, which feature authoritative original and curated content and advice.
- Unique Airport Guides with insider tips on dining, shopping, Wi-Fi, security and transportation, plus interactive maps, flight tracking and real-time arrival and departure boards, for the 50 busiest airports in the U.S.
- An incomparable suite of aggregated flight tools, including flight meta-search, flight tracker, delays map, mileage calculator, frequent-flier mile tracker and fare watcher.
- Ongoing special series, such as “Summer Road Trips” on themed driving itineraries around the country, “Great American Bites” on the top 50 places for different foods (one for each state), and “Airport Bests and Worsts.”
- Greater reader-engagement via ongoing contests and sweepstakes and the use of social media services, in addition to popular community forums on cruising, air travel and hotels.
“USA TODAY has always been committed to bringing the latest information to travelers and this expansion of our travel site is all about optimizing the traveler’s experience. Our commitment to travelers and the travel industry extends from our readers to our circulation and advertising partners and this expanded site will serve all of our customers well,” said David Hunke, president and publisher of USA TODAY.