Latest from the ATTA
- Women in Travel Chooses Digital Format for the International Women in Travel & Tourism Forum 2021
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Becomes Official Partner of Switzerland Tourism in their Newly Announced Swisstainable Strategy in Tourism
- From Guides to CEOs, Women in Adventure Travel are on the Rise
Seattle, WA – Cruise West, one of the world’s leading providers of small-ship exploration cruises to the most fascinating destinations on earth, reports a 52 percent increase in bookings since the beginning of July 2009 compared to July 2008.
“There is a strong close-in booking trend for Alaska and our other summer and fall products,” reported Richard Genovese, vice president of sales & marketing. “This increase has been driven by those last-minute travelers interested in our core Alaska product, as well as our new summer Columbia & Snake Rivers itinerary. In addition to the demand for summer travel, we have seen strong interest in the fall season, particularly for our last chance itineraries in Asia, aboard our flagship, the Spirit of Oceanus. In 2010 this vessel will embark on a new 335-day epic world journey, the Voyages of the Great Explorers.”
“We have been very pleased with these close-in bookings and believe that the consumer is beginning to feel better about traveling again. It really appears to be a harbinger of things to come for later this year and into 2010,” states Mr. Genovese.
Great deals are still available for 2009 Alaska cruises. Cruise West has extended its Alaska 25 percent off sale through the end of the season for all Alaska cruises. In addition, on the following select dates the line is offering a $200 per person shipboard credit:
- Inside Passage August 20, 2009
- Whales & Wilderness July 29, August 5, August 26 and September 2, 2009
- Glacier Bay Highlights August 1, 2009
For more information or to book a cruise for your client call 1-800-689-1783. Travel Agents are encouraged to participate in Cruise West’s live online training programs – visit http://www.cruisewestagents.com/training.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.