"The Other Iraq Tours" specializes in luxury and custom tours to Iraqi Kurdistan; Istanbul, Turkey; Vienna, Austria; and, Amman, Jordan.
Tour companies around the world are always looking for new and exciting destinations to take their clients to. Many adventure travelers have been to the usual – sometimes exotic locations – but few have visited Iraqi Kurdistan – perhaps the most exciting new tour destination in the world. The Other Iraq Tours is currently the only locally based company that specializes in arranging tours to this region. Our four American partners and local staff have more than 35 years of combined experience in Kurdistan and have intimate knowledge of the region including it’s history, archeology, geography, politics and investment potential. Whatever your interest – we custom design tours to meet your need – want to climb a mountain – ski – raft – see the ancient history of Assyria, the Medes (ancestors of the Kurds), visit ancient Jewish cities, 3rd and 4th Century Churches and Monasteries – we have it all. Our company takes care of all the details from hotels to food, transportation, guides and all of the little details that make an adventure successful – all you and your clients have to do is relax and enjoy the journey!
Did you know?
- There are more historical, archeological and religious sites in Iraq than any other country!
- There are more than 80 flights a week to Kurdistan.
- Japan, Korea, Germany, Sweden, Austria and numerous other nations have changed their travel advisories to differentiate between Kurdistan and the rest of Iraq - attesting to the fact that Kurdistan is “The Other Iraq.”
You will see:
- the oldest inhabited city in the world
- ancient caves
- 3rd and 4th Century churches and monasteries
- ancient cities (such as Amadiya and Koisinjak)
- dramatic landscapes and waterfalls
- and much more....
Is it safe to visit and tour the region?
Following are some quotes from our customers and major news outlets.
· Australian 83 years old tour adventurer - Anne Bourne
May 7, 2009
The people of Kurdistan are very kind; everyone here wants to talk to foreigners. What the newspapers and TVs say about Iraq, car bombs and killing every day, it is not what it looks like, Iraqi Kurdistan is very safe.
· Experienced and keen adventurer who has seen nearly 100 countries - Marian Leadbitter
May 7, 2009
When I was told that we are going to Kurdistan, I asked where Kurdistan is. Now I see the Kurds are a big nation without a state.
· Tour Coordinator, Far Horizons Australia - Nick Deacock
May 6, 2009
I'd like to thank you, Harry and of course Balin for looking after the group so well during our visit through Kurdistan. Your personal attention to detail, kind hosting of dinner, and your and Harry's connections within the KRG went a long way to ensuring the success of the trip.
The group left Erbil impressed with the hospitality and kindness of the people, the fascinating history and above all the incredibly beautiful scenery, particularly around Rawanduz.
· CBN News - George Thomas, "Kurds: Grateful to America"
June 12, 2007
The longer you stay with these people, the more you hear just how grateful the Kurds are to the men and women of United States. Walking down the street in any other part of Iraq could be fatal. Not so in Erbil. Since March 2003, neither a single coalition soldier nor foreigner has died.
· CBS 60 Minutes Special - "Kurdistan: The Other Iraq"
February 18, 2007
Try to imagine a peaceful and stable Iraq where business is booming and Americans are beloved. Now open your eyes as 60 Minutes takes you to a part of Iraq which fits that description: it's called Kurdistan.
· The Washington Times - Sharon Behn (Erbil, Iraq)
November 30, 2005
…the most remarkable thing about this northern city is that it is quite normal. The situation in Kurdistan, a region of northern Iraq where about 4 million Kurds live, is so detached from the rest of the country that Kurdistan describes itself on the Internet as The Other Iraq.
· Open Source - Christopher Lydon
The people are starting to call Kurdistan “The Other Iraq”. Kurdistan has a shocking degree of stability & prosperity.
Contact us for An Unforgettable Journey!