Latest from the ATTA
- Q&A: Indian Father-Daughter Team Summits Mt. Everest, Smashing Stereotypes About Women
- Travel Agents Reveal Clients’ Adventure Trends; Partnership Between Agents and Adventure Industry Continues to Grow at EDGE Conference
- Adventure Travel Industry, Outdoor Community Unite for Evening of Networking, Fundraising for Adventure Travel Conservation Fund
Set to Mark National Camping Day 2013
Australians from all walks of life are set to celebrate National Camping Day by participating in the Great Aussie Camp Out (GACO) on Saturday 12th October, 2013.
GACO brings together thousands of Australians for one big night where they share the experience of camping out under the stars… in their back yards, on a river bank, in a camp, a national park, a caravan park — in fact, anywhere they might feel like!
GACO promotes healthy active lifestyles, encouraging individuals, families, friends and clubs to enjoy the great outdoors experiencing the fun and adventure of camping out.
No prior camping experience is necessary!
Why take part?
The Great Aussie Camp Out (GACO) is an ideal opportunity to:
- Connect with the local community
- Raise the profile of your organisation to families and the local community
- Support and participate in an inaugural outdoor event in Australia
Provide a way for people to:
- Experience camping and have fun
- Connect with the nature and the outdoors
Participation is free!
Register online at the GACO website and be eligible for some great prizes by visiting here.
Unofficially, GACO is the world’s largest community camping event, with well over 10,000 official participants expected, and many, many more joining in!