Latest from the ATTA
- Creative Unscripted Adventures and a Bold Attitude: Lost Travel Sets an Example with “2.5% for Tomorrow”
- Blacks in Travel and Tourism is First Grant Recipient of Tourism Cares’ Diversity in Tourism Fund
- Flywire Becomes the Adventure Travel Trade Association’s Official Preferred Global Payments Partner Through the Newly Announced 2021 – 2022 Partnership
Road Trips have emerged as the top travel trend for 2020 and experts agree this trend will likely carry over into 2021. Steppes Travel’s portfolio of curated self-drive itineraries are designed to give travelers the freedom to dictate their own pace while enjoying the perks of having the trip pre-organized as well as having a dedicated team to make sure the trip is seamless. Their current portfolio includes destinations such as South Africa, Namibia, Italy and Australia as well as places one might not think of for road trips such as Turkey, Malaysia and Argentina.
“As international travel slowly opens up; we think having the comfort and safety of a personal vehicle will be of real interest to travelers for years to come. We are also seeing a trend in circular travel, when groups stay in one place and plan for numerous day trips by road,” says Managing Director Justin Wateridge.
Below is a small sample of Steppe’s Self-Drive itineraries. Each is tailormade and can be adjusted to traveler preference.
- The picture-postcard villages of the Cotswolds are quintessentially English and Steppes Travel’s UK self-drive itineraries go way beyond the eye-catching aesthetics to give travelers a privileged insight into rural life in the UK, unearthing villages, pubs, gardens, country homes and walks off the main tourist trail.
- Explore the geothermal wonders of iconic Yellowstone National Park, as well as the far less frequented Grand Teton National Park, all in the company of a local guide who knows the secret places and off-the-beaten-track spots for opportune wildlife-watching.
- This independent self-drive through the American West is ideal for the luxury traveler who wants to benefit from privately guided explorations of the region’s National Parks while combing the joy of the open road with ultra-luxury hotels.
- This drive through Turkey takes guests into the heart of the Ottoman Empire to some of the region’s classic sites, unique culture, striking landscapes and delicious cuisine.
- This iconic drive in Australia combines National Parks with unexpected aboriginal culture, wildlife from whales to penguins to koalas in addition to world-class vineyards.
- This journey by road through the lesser-visited Pacific Northwest encompasses miles of coastal roads, expansive wine valleys and an iconic National Park that boasts the deepest lake in the United States.
Travelers working with Steppes are provided with a documentation package upon arrival at the first hotel that contains all the necessary information and entrance tickets for their trip. Once they have settled in, their contact will call them to talk through their trip. For VIP clients or those needing extra support, they can arrange for a local guide to meet them and take them through this in person. Throughout their trip guests will have access to a team in the USA are who are available 24/7 to resolve any issues.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.