Latest from the ATTA
- Q&A: Indian Father-Daughter Team Summits Mt. Everest, Smashing Stereotypes About Women
- Travel Agents Reveal Clients’ Adventure Trends; Partnership Between Agents and Adventure Industry Continues to Grow at EDGE Conference
- Adventure Travel Industry, Outdoor Community Unite for Evening of Networking, Fundraising for Adventure Travel Conservation Fund
The cycling operator adds a new Southeast Asia cycling tour designed for families
SpiceRoads Cycle Tours is proud to present its first family cycling tour in Vietnam. This tour spends 5 spectacular days in the lush mountains of Northern Vietnam, cycling through charming villages, hillside rice terraces, and fantastic scenery. Plenty of additional activities from making local cuisine, to meeting new wildlife, ensure that riders are getting immersed in local culture and having fun. This fun and exploratory tour of Northern Vietnam’s natural and cultural sites is the perfect way to travel, get active, and make memories with the family!
This 5 day, 4 night tour totals 162 kilometers on a variety of terrain, from tarmac to concrete paths to dirt roads. The ride is easy and gentle and allows plenty of time to stop for photo opportunities or rest.
The tour is fully vehicle-supported, meaning an air conditioned van follows the tour the whole way. Riders can hop in the van at any point during the tour.
The tour is designed to include children of any age. Fully equipped bikes are available for child riders aged 11 and up. Children 10 and under can accompany their parents on a detachable bike trailer or seat.
- Cycling around the brilliant green rice fields of the remote village of Mai Chau
- Having a go at weaving at Hoa Ban Plus, a workplace for disabled local women
- Overnighting in a traditional bamboo stilt house
- Monkeying around at a rescue center for endangered gibbons and langurs
- Trying your hand at local cuisine as you roll fresh Vietnamese spring rolls
- Getting your hands dirty as you make your own souvenir tea cup or bowl using local ceramic techniques
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.