*Destination Showcased in Episode 9, Airing Monday, February 28*
New York, NY, – Lush landscapes, pristine wilderness and awe-inspiring encounters with nature’s most magnificent creatures in their natural habitats will enchant the Bachelor, Brad Womack, and his three beautiful Bachelorettes as they embark on their romantic journey of a lifetime in SOUTH AFRICA.
Their iconic South African journey will take them to Lion Sands Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sand, a family-owned jewel renowned for its Big Five Game viewing and world class luxury experience, situated on the banks of the Sabie River in Kruger National Park.
Brad’s date activities will include the thrill of morning and evening safari game drives to spot the Big Five; a tryst at the Chalkley Tree House, recently featured on the front cover of Condé Nast Traveler magazine, a secure bush bedroom under the African stars; and an interaction at Elephant Whispers, to exchange trunk greetings and offer tasty treats in return for a short ride atop these impressive titans of the bush.
Another highlight is a helicopter tour to the Blyde River Canyon in the Drakensberg Mountains, an area of breathtaking scenic splendour, for a delicious picnic lunch. The poignant Rose Ceremony will take place at Lion Sands’s Tinga Legends Lodge, a classic safari lodge built around an enormous Jackalberry tree which is reputed to be over 200 years old.
The party will arrive rested and refreshed after enjoying luxurious service on South African Airways, whose daily flights to South Africa from New York and Washington, DC offer travel convenience and award-winning service.
South African Tourism and South African Airways Vacations have created The Bachelor Ultimate South Africa Getaway, a fantastic 10 days/7 nights package inspired by Brad and the Bachelorettes’ romantic South African adventure that includes the following:
- Roundtrip international flights from New York’s JFK Airport or Washington DC’s Dulles Airport
- Internal South Africa flights from Cape Town International to Kruger Airport, and from Kruger Airport to O.R. Tambo International in Johannesburg
- 4 nights’ accommodations with breakfast at the ultra-chic One&Only Cape Town
- A Bento Box for two with a sake tasting OR a Romantic Picnic for two with a bottle of House wine
- A couples massage in a couples’ treatment room at the One&Only luxury spa
- Full and half day Cape Town area tours to Cape Point and the Winelands
- Full day Great White Shark cage diving trip in Gansbaai
- 3 nights’ accommodations at the Lion Sands River Lodge, including cocktails and a night in the Chalkley Tree House
- 3 meals daily at Lion Sands, with two safari game drives daily with rangers and trackers
- Elephant Whispers interaction and elephant ride
Package rates start at $6,875 per person, inclusive of airline taxes and fuel surcharges, and are valid through January 15th, 2012. Packages are commissionable to travel agents at 12 percent of the entire package price, less fuel surcharges and airline taxes. Additional details and direct booking information are available at South African Airways Vacations® www.flysaavacations.com/south-africa-travel/the-bachelor/ and www.flysaavacations.com/the-bachelor-sa-getaway-affordable-luxury/; by calling 855-FLY-SAAV, or emailing [email protected]. Additional romance themed packages are available on www.southafrica.net/deals.
Tune in for the South Africa Episode 9 of The Bachelor on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 28 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), which airs on the ABC Television Network. For more information on The Bachelor visit http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor. To learn more about South Africa please visit www.southafrica.net .
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.