Latest from the ATTA
To celebrate, REI Adventures offers members a special discount on classic adventures around the globe
SEATTLE – REI Adventures, a leader in worldwide guided active adventure programs has entered into its 25th year of leading outdoor trips. To celebrate, the company today announced a special members-only savings of 25-percent on a select group of classic trips to destinations across the globe including France, Nepal, and Africa.
“We’re proud to honor 25 great years of business and connecting active people with shared interests to each other and classic destinations,” said Cynthia Dunbar, manager of REI Adventures. “Those same fundamentals continue to fuel inspiration for hundreds of different itineraries available today.”
Members can save over $1000 on some of REI Adventures most coveted classic trips that will be offered to REI members at a 25-percent discount throughout 2011, including:
- Everest Base Camp Trek: Travel the footpaths of the Everest region and explore UNESCO World Heritage sites while trekking vast glaciers and ridgelines of the Himalayas.
- Loire Valley Cycling: Cycle through the quiet back roads of France and sample the region’s exceptional wines and authentic cuisine.
- Machu Picchu, The Inca Trail Trek: Camp along the Inca Trail, visit lively markets and ancient ruins, and follow the Peruvian paths to Machu Picchu.
- Fitz Roy & Paine Hiking: Experience the majesty and full range of the Patagonian Andes while hiking to the base of the Fitz Roy massif to explore Chile’s Torres del Paine wilderness.
- Alaska Wilderness & Wildlife Kayaking: Paddle through perfect kayak country and explore the series of small connected waterways, bays and fjords along the western side of Alaska’s Inside Passage.
- Tour du Mont Blanc: Cross three borders by foot hiking the challenging but spectacular Alps. Travel from village to village and experience the vibrant Swiss, French and Italian cultures.
- East Africa Safari: Visit Tanzania’s premier wildlife parks including the Serengeti to view wildlife and experience intimate safari camps and lodges.
REI Adventures offers over 150 active adventure travel trips to more than 40 countries worldwide. Combining unique itineraries focused on sustainable, human-powered outdoor adventure led by local guides fluent in the area’s history and traditions, REI’s guests are immersed in the natural beauty and culture of each destination and enjoy chance encounters with wildlife, conversations with local residents, camaraderie with active like-minded travelers and more.
A hand-picked selection of local guides are dedicated to making each trip truly memorable, through careful planning and a willingness to always embrace the impromptu. Trips include most meals, and the necessary equipment guests require to comfortably enjoy their experience such as kayaks, tents and high-end bicycle options.
Like all REI Adventures, each itinerary has been carefully developed by REI’s knowledgeable and experienced staff to ensure travelers enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences in incredible destinations, all at a great value.
All REI Adventure trips are rated on a scale of one (relaxed) – five (strenuous), varies by activity level so guests can easily choose an REI Adventure that is best suited for them. REI Adventures offers family adventures, weekend getaways, volunteer expeditions and more. For a more tailored experience with a select group of people, guests can also book private departures for events such as family reunions, girlfriend getaways or corporate retreats.
Discounted trips are available for booking immediately for REI members. Lifetime REI memberships are available for a one-time $20 fee and receive a share in the company’s profits through an annual member refund based on their purchases. REI members also receive discounts on gear rentals and REI Outdoor School classes, in addition to free shipping on purchases of $75 or more through REI.com, REI-OUTLET.com and phone direct sales orders.
For more information, visit www.rei.com/travel.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.