Latest from the ATTA
- Adventure Travel Industry, Outdoor Community Unite for Evening of Networking, Fundraising for Adventure Travel Conservation Fund
- Ghinsberg’s Work with Bolivian Indigenous Community Highlights Early Roots of Sustainable Tourism
- On Convergence And Experience Innovation: Implications for Adventure Travel
Multi-million-dollar renovation sees upgrades across the board
Quark Expeditions®, the leading provider of expeditions to the Polar Regions, announces that effective June 17, 2017, the small polar expedition ship Sea Adventurer, owned by Sunstone Ships Inc., will be officially renamed, sailing as Ocean Adventurer. This name change will follow a multi-million-dollar interior renovation and technical upgrade of the ship.
The significant refurbishment will give the 132-passenger ship a totally new look and feel. Renovations include six new twin cabins, three new suites, new bathrooms in every cabin, and upgrades to the main lounge, dining room, the gym, and existing suites. Significant technical enhancements – including two new Rolls Royce® engines – will result in increased fuel efficiency, and a minimized carbon footprint.
“We’re incredibly excited to have collaborated with a team of marine architects, engineers, interior designers and our own polar expedition specialists to enhance and revitalize the Ocean Adventurer,” said Andrew White, President of Quark Expeditions®. “Passengers and expedition staff love this vessel, and have always enjoyed the intimate atmosphere and authenticity of this true expedition ship. Now everyone will enjoy greater comforts, amenities, and an enhanced onboard experience.”
This short video provides a glimpse of life onboard this popular vessel, ideally suited to optimize passengers’ experience in the Polar Regions, nosing up to impressive bird cliffs or pushing into sea ice to spot bears.
Quark Expeditions® continues to offer a wide variety of arctic expeditions tailored for every budget and schedule. Ocean Adventurer sailings for the 2018 Arctic Season include:
- Introduction to Spitsbergen: Polar Bear Safari
- NEW! Spitsbergen Highlights: Expedition in Brief
- Spitsbergen in Depth: Big Islands, Big Adventure
- NEW! Spitsbergen Photography: In Search of Polar Bears
- NEW! West Greenland: Disko Bay
- Greenland Explorer: Valleys and Fjords
- Three Arctic Islands: Iceland, Greenland, Spitsbergen
- NEW! Northwest Passage: Epic High Arctic
- NEW! Northwest Passage: In the Footsteps of Franklin
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.