Latest from the ATTA
- Leadership Voices: Antje von Dewitz, Visionary Leader of VAUDE, Sets the Bar for Sustainability Among Outdoor Brands
- LifeStraw’s Humanitarian Mission Drove it to Become a Leading Water Filtration Company
- Leadership Voices: Ana Ines Figueroa and Jorge Moller Offer Insight Into the Latin American Adventure Market
Understanding Underwriting, Risks and Security
Thursday, January 15
10am PST / 1900 CET
What happens between when a credit card is swiped and when the funds land in your account is a process that is easy to overlook but is crucial to consider, especially for companies in the travel industry, considered a “restricted” industry by merchant service underwriters. Any ATTA member based in the US, Canada or Mexico who currently accepts credit card payments or would like to start accepting credit card payments should jump in to this webinar to learn how it’s done.
- Expectations and challenges with opening a merchant account in the travel industry
- Requirements and why they are in place
- How to secure your online payments
- Keep your information and your customers safe and secure
- NXGEN’s security options and creative underwriting tips to controlling your customer’s risk
Tyler Tyree, Business Development Director, has over eight years of experience at NXGEN Payment Services and is a great resource in the merchant service industry. He has been the primary point person in the ATTA’s program, providing this valuable benefit to its members since the inception in 2011.
Tyler has extensive knowledge of underwriting requirements and how to navigate the ins and outs of risk from in the travel industry. Tyler is a 6th generation Montanan and an avid outdoor enthusiast. Tyler has two lovely 13-year-old boys and lives in Columbia Falls, Montana, where they are minutes away from Glacier National Park, Flathead Lake and Big Mountain at Whitefish Mountain Resort.
Business Development Director, NXGEN