Latest from the ATTA
- Women in Travel Chooses Digital Format for the International Women in Travel & Tourism Forum 2021
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Becomes Official Partner of Switzerland Tourism in their Newly Announced Swisstainable Strategy in Tourism
- From Guides to CEOs, Women in Adventure Travel are on the Rise
Cortez, CO – Osprey Packs, Inc. – a leader in creating top-quality, high-performance, innovative packs to comfortably and efficiently carry gear – is redefining what lightweight means in luggage. Channeling the brand’s experience in building lightweight packs and luggage, the Ozone Series roller bags, debuting in Fall 2012, are the lightest, fully featured roller bags on the market.
“As a backpack company we understand the importance of lightweight and we carry this guiding principal into our luggage design,” said Osprey founder, Mike Pfotenhauer. “With Ozone, we are building on our existing lightweight luggage assortment to deliver ultra-light design without compromising durability or features. With a minimalist but robust body and a lighter, redesigned chassis, these ultra-light rollers will set the standard for lightweight performance luggage.”
Built on Osprey’s new HighRoad™ LT chassis, which is 20 percent lighter than the original HighRoad™ chassis, Ozone offers a full-featured package with excellent roll, rugged performance and multiple organizational features. The Ozone Series includes three sizes: 28”/80L for extended trips and gear hauling, 22”/46L for general carry-on and 18”/36L for international carry-on.
Each Ozone Series roller bag includes these features:
•The new HighRoad LT™ chassis: light, strong and smooth rolling
– 6001 aluminum frame
– Ultradurable injection molded high clearance ABS base
– Large polyurethane wheels with sealed bearings
• An extendible handle that is ergonomically designed for comfortable grip
• Lightweight construction with strategic reinforcements at key wear points
• Large panel zip access to main compartment with lockable sliders
• Three external compression straps secure load and protect zippers
• External zip top pocket is ideal for toiletries, liquids or frequently needed items
• Two full length external zip pockets on front panel
• Rear panel pocket with inner zip pocket keeps magazines and small items handy
• Internal compression straps keep gear and clothing neat and secure
• Three large internal zip pockets keep gear organized
• OZONE 28”/80L – $249
Weight: 5 lbs. Dimensions: 28 h X 14 w X 14 Colors: Light Green, Light Grey
• OZONE 22”/46L – $229
Weight: 4 lbs. Dimensions: 22 h X 14 w X 9 (maximum legal carry-on size) Colors: Light Green, Light Grey
• OZONE 18”/36L – $199
Weight: 4 lbs. Dimensions: 18 h X 14 w X 8 (carry-on size) Colors: Light Green, Light Grey
Independent since 1974 and anchored by the design genius of company founder and owner, Mike Pfotenhauer, Osprey Packs has long set the standard for creating innovative, high quality gear carrying equipment. The collection includes packs and bags designed to help adventurers enjoy their outdoor, biking and travel pursuits.
The location of company headquarters in Cortez, Colorado, near the rugged San Juan Mountains and on the edge of desert canyon country, provides a constant inspiration and a superb testing ground for Osprey products. Osprey also maintains a product development office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, near the factories where they manufacture their products, ensuring face-to-face relationships and transparency with their suppliers. In 2010, Osprey opened a design office in Mill Valley, California, a hub of design talent and the birthplace of mountain biking. All three of these offices play a crucial role in creating Osprey gear that lasts a lifetime.
To celebrate its 35th anniversary in 2009, Osprey launched the All Mighty Guarantee, an enhancement of a lifetime warranty that was already one of the most robust in the industry. Free of charge, the company will repair any damage or defect in its product – whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday. Every Osprey product reflects the company’s commitment to protect the wild places its customers love to explore. For more information, visit www.ospreypacks.com.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.