Latest from the ATTA
- Women in Travel Chooses Digital Format for the International Women in Travel & Tourism Forum 2021
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Becomes Official Partner of Switzerland Tourism in their Newly Announced Swisstainable Strategy in Tourism
- From Guides to CEOs, Women in Adventure Travel are on the Rise
New Site Becomes the Web’s Most Comprehensive Destination for Adventure Vacations
CHICAGO — Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE: OWW) today announced the launch of AdventureFinder, a new travel Web site that provides instant access to the world’s leading adventure vacations. The site allows consumers to research, customize, and plan active escapes quickly and easily.
Travelers looking to make their next vacation an adventure can choose from nearly 2,500 trips and tours around the world from top tour operators. Adventure vacation opportunities include rafting along Northern California’s Klamath River; touring historic towns in Nicaragua; experiencing a safari in the Serengeti; or taking a volunteer vacation in Bali, where you can teach English and learn how to surf.
“AdventureFinder is a unique Web site that includes a combination of tools, content, and resources relevant for active travelers that can’t be found on other adventure sites,” says Eric Brodnax, General Manager of The Away Network, which operates AdventureFinder. “The new AdventureFinder site also will give tour operators direct contact with travelers and provide more flexibility in displaying their products to consumers.”
AdventureFinder has launched with a series of search tools and content that makes comparison shopping for active adventures easy and convenient:
- A sleek user interface and refined search and sort tools make it easy for travelers to quickly find the active adventures that best suit their needs. Consumers can organize custom trips; browse vacations tailored for groups, singles, couples and families; and search/sort by price, trip duration, and preferred destination with more than 30 interests and activities.
- Through its new upcoming Trip Profile pages, consumers will be able to communicate directly with tour operators to ask detailed questions about their adventures prior to booking the trip.
- Monthly Deals help value-conscious consumers find true active escapes without the burden of a hefty price tag.
Tour operator profiles, past traveler feedback, a list of staff’s favorite adventures, plus highlights of the best travel deals make the new site an essential resource for all adventure enthusiasts.
AdventureFinder replaces GORPtravel.com within The Away Network as the principal brand focused on escorted adventure trips and active resorts. Visitors to GORPtravel.com will be immediately redirected to the new AdventureFinder site, which includes more exciting adventures for travelers, updated branding and content, and added search/sort features.
Visit AdventureFinder to search and book your next active getaway. Tour operators interested in posting active tours on the new AdventureFinder site should e-mail: [email protected]