Latest from the ATTA
- Leadership Voices: Antje von Dewitz, Visionary Leader of VAUDE, Sets the Bar for Sustainability Among Outdoor Brands
- LifeStraw’s Humanitarian Mission Drove it to Become a Leading Water Filtration Company
- Leadership Voices: Ana Ines Figueroa and Jorge Moller Offer Insight Into the Latin American Adventure Market
OneSeed Expeditions, a leader in sustainable adventure travel that invests in women entrepreneurs around the world, is excited to announce their partnership with travel insurance experts World Nomads in this year’s Travel Filmmaking Scholarship to East Africa. For the past 10 years, this scholarship opportunity has made it possible for budding filmmakers to win an all-expenses-paid trip abroad to be mentored by a professional filmmaker and complete their own short film during the trip.
This year, OneSeed Expeditions and World Nomads will host one passionate individual in Tanzania to capture the diverse people, places, and wildlife that make Tanzania such a sought-after travel destination. With mentorship from professional filmmaker Brian Rapsey, the winner will explore how sustainable tourism positively impacts local communities and wildlife.
“We’re incredibly excited to host a filmmaker and the World Nomads team in Tanzania this fall,” said Chris Baker, Founder of OneSeed Expeditions. “Our focus has always been on how to leave the greatest possible impact in-country, whether that’s supporting local entrepreneurs through microfinance or hiring all expert local guides. It’s always important to understand how travel impacts the countries where we explore, and the contest winner will get the chance to tell that story in a unique way.”
The contest is open now through July 10th. Applicants must create a 3-minute documentary featuring an interview with an adventurer or inspiring traveler on the theme of “Courage,” “Kindness,” or “Acceptance.” After uploading the film to YouTube or Vimeo, applicants must complete the application form and in 1,500 characters or less, tell us why they should be the scholarship recipient and what winning this opportunity would mean to them.
One lucky winner will receive:
- Round-trip airfare to Tanzania.
- A 12-day, all-expenses-paid trip in Tanzania courtesy of OneSeed Expeditions.
- A three-day post-production workshop with professional filmmaker and scholarship mentor, Brian Rapsey.
- Camera bags and accessories from Langly.
- Audio equipment courtesy of RØDE Microphones.
- The cost of any relevant visas, vaccinations, and travel insurance covered by World Nomads.
Learn more about the 2018 Travel Film Scholarship and how you could win a trip to Tanzania this fall.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.