OIWC and Ragnar Relay are excited to announce the Ragnar Relay OIWC Challenge at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market! The Ragnar Relay Series is the largest overnight running relay series in the United States, and is partnering with OIWC to bring a Ragnar themed event to the Outdoor Retailer show.
While not a traditional overnight Ragnar relay, the Ragnar Relay OIWC Challenge provides an opportunity for you to get a fresh start to Day #3 of the show. With teams of three, each racer will run a four-mile loop beginning at the Radisson (behind the Salt Palace). This is a great team-building and pride-raising event; urge your co-workers and employees to form a team and begin training now!
And, best of all, a portion of the event proceeds go to OIWC’s programs focused on providing advocacy, education and resources for women in the outdoor, bike and snowsports industries.
- When: Saturday, August 4, 6:00-8:30am
- Where: Begins near the Radisson (at the back entrance of the Salt Palace) and includes a four-mile loop.
- Who: Teams of three, with each teammate running the four-mile loop
- Registration: You must register by July 20; registration is $15 for OIWC members, $20 for non-members. Register as a team of three, or as an individual and we will put you in a team.
- Aid: The race includes one aid station with water and bars along the course and at the starting line.
- Waiver: All racers will be required to sign a waiver during check-in on the day of the race.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with OIWC to bring a taste of the Ragnar Relay Series to this year’s Outdoor Retailer show” said Dave Klewan, Vice President of Corporate Partnerships for Ragnar Events, LLC. “As a national series based out of Utah, we couldn’t think of a better location to launch this partnership. We look forward to exposing ORSM participants to the Ragnar brand and raising money for a great initiative.”
Support OIWC and join the Challenge! Registration opens today; start forming your team now, or register as an individual and we will find a team for you.
Thank you to Outdoor Retailer for support of the Ragnar Relay OIWC Challenge!
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.