Latest from the ATTA
- Industry Voices: Antje von Dewitz, Visionary Leader of VAUDE, Sets the Bar for Sustainability Among Outdoor Brands
- LifeStraw’s Humanitarian Mission Drove it to Become a Leading Water Filtration Company
- Leadership Voices: Ana Ines Figueroa and Jorge Moller Offer Insight Into the Latin American Adventure Market
Denver, CO – Today, Travel Marketing Worldwide announces the launch of the new Magical Mozambique portfolio. This new collaboration of Mozambique’s top travel experiences marks the country’s first destination promotion initiative in the United States market. The beginning of a two-year program focused on raising awareness about Mozambique among the U.S. travel trade, Magical Mozambique will not only educate travel agents and tour operators about Mozambique as a destination but assist in creating unique, effective itineraries that showcase a variety of experiences that are authentic, luxurious and uniquely Mozambican.
“Mozambique is truly a rising star on the African travel scene,” said Sarah Fazendin, Principal Consultant at Travel Marketing Worldwide. “With a tourism industry that was slower to develop than its neighbors, Mozambique has had the benefit of watching the successes and failures of other African destinations and as a result has created a travel experience that is not only attractive to the international market but responsible and sustainable. These are products we can wholeheartedly stand behind and are thrilled to see the response from travel agents and tour operators indicating that they feel the same.”
The cast of outstanding travel experiences that make up the Magical Mozambique portfolio includes:
- Benguerra Lodge: The original Bazaruto Archipelago’s luxury property, Benguerra Lodge offers an unpretentious, safari-inspired beach escape. With Mozambican hosts to personally look after every guests individual needs and desires, Benguerra is the perfect place to unwind after a safari.
- Coral Lodge 15.41: Located near UNESCO World Heritage site Ilha de Mocambique, Coral Lodge is tucked away in remote central Mozambique and offers an intimate, family-inspired luxury beach getaway with plenty of activities, some of the country’s best cuisine and a cultural flare.
- Explore Gorongosa: The first private tourism initiative in Gorongosa National Park, guests at this intimate, traditional safari camp can experience first hand the hugely successful and world- recognized wildlife restoration project.
- Ibo Island Lodge: Individual, secluded, and intimate, Ibo Island Lodge defines barefoot luxury. Located in the Quirimbas Archipelago National Park of Northern Mozambique, this magical area has remained all but forgotten to the outside world.
- Mozambique Voyages: Mozambique Voyages, an in-bound operator specializing in Mozambique, provides travelers an unprecedented level of access and specialization for travel to the destination. No other in-bound operator in Mozambique has as much personal knowledge on the destination which Mozambique Voyages has amassed over thirteen years experience operating in Mozambique.
- Nkwichi Lodge: A hidden, hand-crafted eco-lodge on the dazzling shores of Lake Niassa, Nkwichi Lodge is part of the Manda Wilderness Project, a responsible tourism initiative to support the local people and protect one of Africa’s last true wildernesses.
- Nuarro Luxury Eco Lodge: Built by the local community with all local materials, the 12 beach-front chalets here look out over the stunning Indian Ocean and Nanantha Bay. One of the only properties in Mozambique to offer shore access diving, divers can access the continental shelf drop-off and world-class diving in that area immediately in front of the lodge.
Travel agents and tour operators may join Magical Mozambique for an educational webinar on March 23rd at 10am MST. The presentation will provide overviews of all Magical Mozambique partners, with introductions to the owners in Africa along with sample itineraries and Mozambique trip planning information. For registration details please email [email protected]
For more information about Magical Mozambique, please visit http://www.travelmarketingworldwide.com or email [email protected]
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.