Gulliver Expeditions has bought brand new mountain bikes and provides the possibility to rent them. This is the only tour operator in Ecuador that provides such high quality bikes for renting. The new purchase is for using in proper biking tours in Ecuador. It’s about Rock Shox mountain bikes of Specialized; Jett and Rockhopper.
Specialized describes their Jett and Rockhoppers as following:
Jett: From neighborhood trails to rolling singletrack, the Jett is built to give riders a capable, comfortable, and versatile hardtail 29er. Equipped with proven XC components and the dialed Women’s XC 29er Geometry, Jett riders will enjoy the premium fit, handling, and ride quality of this head-turning ride.
Rockhopper: Performance, reliability and value—the ROCKHOPPER is designed for stretches of flowing singletrack. With hydraulic disc brakes, 100mm-travel suspension fork and a lightweight fully butted A1 aluminum frame, the Rockhopper delivers proven performance riders will appreciate on the trail.
The three series that have been bought are:
Jett provides the smooth ride and improved handling of 29″ wheels in an M4 aluminum XC trail bike designed just for women. The all-new Jett 29 Comp hardtail features Women’s XC 29er Geometry, custom-tuned 80mm-travel RockShox 29 fork, and Tektro Draco hydraulic disc brakes with women’s shorter reach levers for precise braking and durability.
- Fully butted, smooth-welded M4 Premium Aluminum frame with Women’s XC 29er Geometry delivers a confident and lightweight ride, with integrated headset for precision handling
- Lightweight and durable double-wall alloy rims are tough enough to handle the rough stuff
- Tektro Draco dual-piston hydraulic disc brakes and women’s shorter reach levers assure precise braking and durability
ROCKHOPPER COMP 29“
The Rockhopper is a time-tested trail riding hardtail built for cruising fire roads and slicing through singletrack. Equipped with Tektro 2 hydraulic disc brakes and a RockShox XC28 suspension fork featuring lockout, the Rockhopper Comp combines performance with value in a package every rider will appreciate.
- Fully butted A1 Premium Aluminum 29er frame with ORE downtube for a lighter, more compliant and durable bike
- RockShox XC28 fork features TurnKey hydraulic damping, lockout, alloy steerer tube, and externally adjustable rebound for plush and lightweight trail performance
- Tektro Draco hydraulic disc brakes/levers with Light Wave rotors create increased control and superior stopping power for more confident braking
- SRAM X5 10-speed rear derailleur makes shifts super crisp and efficient
ROCKHOPPER PRO EVO 29”
Trails were built to be ridden hard, that’s what the Rockhopper EVO does best. With a 120mm fork, 29-inch wheels, slightly more relaxed geometry, and an e.thirteen bash guard, the EVO will tame the toughest trails.
- The EVO model uses the same fully butted A1 Premium frame as other Rockhopper models, but delivers a more aggressive trail experience. The 120mm-travel RockShox fork relaxes the geometry for more stable handling, and a bash guard improves chain retention and drive train durability
- RockShox XC32 features TurnKey hydraulic damping with lockout, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy steerer tube, and externally adjustable rebound for plush and lightweight trail performance with a 15mm Maxle for increased stiffness
- Tektro Draco 2 hydraulic disc brakes/levers with Light Wave rotors create increased control and superior stopping power for more confident braking
The bikes are available for several tours through Ecuador. Check for availability. Prices to rent are between 45$ and 60$; depends on which series.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.