Latest from the ATTA
- Creative Unscripted Adventures and a Bold Attitude: Lost Travel Sets an Example with “2.5% for Tomorrow”
- Blacks in Travel and Tourism is First Grant Recipient of Tourism Cares’ Diversity in Tourism Fund
- Flywire Becomes the Adventure Travel Trade Association’s Official Preferred Global Payments Partner Through the Newly Announced 2021 – 2022 Partnership
A collection of 11 small group journeys developed with the active traveler in mind
Mountain Travel Sobek, a leading adventure travel company specializing in group and custom journeys, and Smithsonian Journeys, the Smithsonian Institution’s travel program and a leader in authentic and enriching, small-group travel, have joined to offer Smithsonian Active Journeys by Mountain Travel Sobek. This first collection of history- and culture-rich trips are specifically designed for Smithsonian Journeys travelers who want to explore the world in a more active way.
“Mountain Travel Sobek’s focus on providing active, life-enriching itineraries supports Smithsonian Journeys in its effort to offer customers a rewarding cultural travel experience,” said Kimberly Daley, President and CEO of Mountain Travel Sobek. “We are proud to be affiliated with an organization renowned for inspiring generations through learning and discovery.”
Travelers booking a Smithsonian Active Journey by Mountain Travel Sobek will work closely with a dedicated Active Journeys specialist who will help them find the right adventure to match their interests and pace. With no more than 18 participants, each trip will be intimate and enriching. For example, since cultural insight is key to Smithsonian Journeys, travelers will enjoy opportunities to get to know each destination in more depth through special arrangements with local experts.
“Our dedication to lifelong learning and passion for exploring the world drives us to continually develop authentic, enriching experiences for our travelers,” said Carol LeBlanc, Senior Vice President, Smithsonian Enterprises. “We are pleased to join with Mountain Travel Sobek to provide a new, high-quality travel option for our intellectually curious, sophisticated, and adventurous Smithsonian travelers.”
The Smithsonian Active Journeys collection features a variety of ways to experience the world more actively. The new assortment includes:
- A challenging high-altitude inn-to-inn trek in the Andes, allowing participants to experience breathtaking Machu Picchu and learn about the Inca culture.
- An ultimate challenge-of-a-lifetime with a hike to the summit of Kilimanjaro – the “roof of Africa” in Tanzania.
- A walk amid the vineyards and hillsides of Tuscany with gourmet meals along the way.
- A hike along the beautiful and rugged coastlines of Scotland’s Hebrides and Highlands, sipping fine Scotch whisky, and stopping to meet a weaver of Harris tweed.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.