December 5 @ 9:00 AM PST / 18:00 CEST
At the Adventure Travel World Summit delegates asked how they can properly communicate the importance of sustainability practices to adventure travelers and consumers at large. This ATTA Webinar will dive into an explorative study on how to effectively communicate sustainability practices in marketing material.
Companies and destinations generally face major challenges if they want to communicate the sustainability of their products to customers. These challenges arise because customers are often unable to identify the relevant sustainability attributes of a given product, unless explicitly communicated. The Webinar provides answers to the following questions:
- How do I best market sustainable and niche tourism products to customers? Empirical results from a sample of tourists in the USA, UK and Germany will be shown.
- Which kinds of communication about sustainable tourism products best appeal to customers?
- Should the communication focus on the emotional level?
- Do customers prefer rational information about the sustainability of their vacations?
- Does a graphical illustration of a sustainability attribute help to explain the product and does this increase purchase intention?
- What is the best way to integrate carbon offsetting in product marketing?
Dr Roger Wehrli
Head of Research and Lecturer at the Institute of Tourism, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts