Macs Adventure took over part of Russell Hafter Holidays in late 2013 when Russell Hafter took the decision to retire after 28 years of operating high quality holidays to Germany and the surrounding countries. Neil Lapping and his team at Macs Adventure will continue to offer many of Russell Hafter’s most popular walking holidays in Germany and are looking forward to building on Russell’s reputation for great service and high quality holidays that he has built over the past 28 years.
Our philosophy is to offer holidays for the individual, and as we know that different people have different interests, you are never required to conform to the wishes of a group, and you walk at the pace that you decide, not that of anyone else.
- Friendly and Hospitable People
- Good Service
- Value for money
- Diverse Landscapes
- Vibrant Culture
- Regional Cuisines
- Easy Access: by Rail, Sea, Road or Air
Walking in Germany is:
- Exploring a countryside of rivers and lakes, gentle hills and ancient forests, nature reserves and vineyards
- Discovering romantic castles and half-timbered towns, glorious abbeys and churches
- Enjoying a wealth of wildlife; birds and butterflies, deer, squirrels and wild boar
- Staying in friendly local hotels and inns where the owner takes a real pride in their service
Macs Adventure Holidays:
- Have been specialists in self guided holidays for 10 years & are building on Russell Hafter’s 28 years experience on operating walking holidays in Germany
- Include fully detailed maps (1:25 000 where possible), English language guidebooks where available and a glossary of German words found on maps
- Give you freedom to walk alone or with friends, without anyone else telling you what to do and where to go
- Allow you to walk at the pace you choose, not that of someone else
- Include time to stop when & where you like, to enjoy a glass of wine from a local vineyard, a beer from the local brewery, or Kaffee und Kuchen – coffee & cake
- Are holidays, not an endurance test. We take care of your luggage
- Are members of ABTA, ATTA and have full financial protection
- Are great fun!
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.