Latest from the ATTA
- Q&A: Indian Father-Daughter Team Summits Mt. Everest, Smashing Stereotypes About Women
- Travel Agents Reveal Clients’ Adventure Trends; Partnership Between Agents and Adventure Industry Continues to Grow at EDGE Conference
- Adventure Travel Industry, Outdoor Community Unite for Evening of Networking, Fundraising for Adventure Travel Conservation Fund
Thomson Safaris, Fit for Trips team up for promotional offer
Boston, Mass. — Trekkers with dreams of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro can now get a head start with Thomson Safaris (www.thomsontreks.com).
The award-winning adventure travel company is offering free four-week specialized fitness training for travelers who book a Kilimanjaro trek in June 2009.
The personal training program has been designed specifically for our Kilimanjaro climbs by Fit for Trips (www.fitfortrips.com), the adventure travel fitness specialists. Each holistic fitness program combines resistance and endurance training that will prepare travelers mentally and physically for the trek. Thomson Safaris staff have completed and approved the training program before making a successful trek up Africa’s tallest mountain.
Fitness Training Features:
* Designed by Fit for Trips professional personal trainers
* Tested and approved by Thomson staff who successfully summited
* 4-, 8-, and 12-week programs that can be home-based or gym-based
* Programs available for all fitness levels, from beginners to seasoned athletes
* Audio and video online downloadable instruction
* Unlimited email and online chat interaction with your Fit For Trips coach
Contact Thomson Safaris at 1-800-235-0289 for more details and to get started training for your climb to the Roof of Africa. Terms and conditions apply. Travelers who book a Kilimanjaro trek in June 2009 will receive four free weeks of training with options to purchase additional weeks upon request.
The June 2009 free training offer kicks off a partnership between Fit for Trips and Thomson Safaris. All future trekkers will be offered a training program at additional cost so that they can get in shape and make the most of their adventure travel experience.
Thomson Safaris is the leader in Kilimanjaro safety, experience, and comfort. Trekkers already have a 98% summit success rate with Thomson on the nine-day Western Approach route. With a guide to trekker ratio of 1:3, each full-time English-speaking licensed guide is certified as a Wilderness First Responder and has hundreds of successful summits to his credit.
Thomson has also been recognized as a leader in eco-friendly and ethical efforts. Porters receive among the highest wages and benefits on the mountain. Thomson is a proud supporter of the International Mountain Explorers Connection (IMEC), which promotes ethical treatment of porters and offers free English classes, First Aid training, and a gear lending program.
For nearly 30 years, Thomson Safaris (www.thomsonsafaris.com) has operated award-winning safari adventures and Kilimanjaro treks. In 2009, the Tanzania Tourist Board honored Thomson with the Tanzania Conservation Award for their community-based conservation initiatives. In 2008 and 2009, National Geographic Adventure gave Thomson Safaris one of its top ratings for the Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth.
# # #
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.