Latest from the ATTA
- Industry Voices: Antje von Dewitz, Visionary Leader of VAUDE, Sets the Bar for Sustainability Among Outdoor Brands
- LifeStraw’s Humanitarian Mission Drove it to Become a Leading Water Filtration Company
- Leadership Voices: Ana Ines Figueroa and Jorge Moller Offer Insight Into the Latin American Adventure Market
PATA has received important backing from two influential organisations for its 2010 Adventure Travel and Responsible Tourism Conference and Mart in Nepal. The Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) are endorsing this important PATA event, taking place at the Soaltee Crowne Plaza in Kathmandu on 1-5 February 2010.
The Conference and Mart will create important platforms for discussing and promoting environmental protection and social sustainability. Speakers confirmed include Shannon Stowell, President of the US-based Adventure Trade Trade Association (ATTA), Jose Dominic, CEO of CGH, Kerala; Naranjan Khatri, GM for Environment at ITC Welcome Group in India, Tony Jones, Founding Director of Nepal’s Himalyan Encounter and Australia-based Intrepid Travel CEO Darrell Wade. PATA is working with ATTA and IUCN to identify additional key-note speakers to participate in this exciting programme.
- Conference sessions include:
- Adventure Travel: Pulse of the Adventure Traveller
- Responsible Tourism: The Driving Force
- Interactive Plenary Session: Adventure Sports Tourism – Risks and Responsibilities
- Interactive Plenary Session: Zero Waste Challenge
- Closing Session: Responsible Tourism – Making Business Sense
The event’s official carrier Nepal Airlines is offering preferential fares for delegates from several Asian cities to Kathmandu including Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.