IMBA is excited to announce the launch of a new program to support mountain bike tourism, help enthusiasts find great places to ride and plan bike-related travel. IMBA Destinationsis a dedicated resource for mountain bike travel planning with several useful tools:
- Search for bike-friendly travel services, bike parks, resorts and information centers that support IMBA’s work via the IMBA Destinations partner list or locator map
- Find and book tours available through IMBA’s partners. All bookings made through imba.com generate a donation for IMBA’s trail work
- Learn about a bucket list of riding destinations on the IMBA Epics pages
- Listing of bike shops near your riding destination for trail info, gear rentals, tune-ups and more
- A community events calendar for group rides, festivals and other happenings during your travels
“We are thrilled to partner with IMBA’s Destinations program,” said Melanie Fisher, Co-owner of Cog Wild Bicycle Tours, an IMBA destinations member who provided feedback during development of the program. “Cog Wild supports both IMBA and our local IMBA Club, the Central Oregon Trail Alliance, sponsoring free shuttles for trail volunteers, hosting tours on the Epic Umpqua River Trail and getting our own shovels dirty as often as possible. Connecting with IMBA is great for our business.”
To celebrate the great partnership between IMBA & ATTA, any ATTA member who joins IMBA as a Destinations Partner will receive a complimentary copy of IMBA’s award-winning books, Managing Mountain Biking and Trail Solutions. To join, please contact Wendy Kerr, at 303-545-9011 x113 or visit http://www.imba.com/
The IMBA Destinations program offers a search and book function directly on imba.com powered by SWAE Sports. Registration for this service is a free benefit to IMBA Destination Members and a small commission applies only if a tour is booked. Five percent of any booking is donated back to IMBA’s Trail Building Fund which supports future development of sustainable trails.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.