Latest from the ATTA
- Adventure Travel Industry, Outdoor Community Unite for Evening of Networking, Fundraising for Adventure Travel Conservation Fund
- Ghinsberg’s Work with Bolivian Indigenous Community Highlights Early Roots of Sustainable Tourism
- On Convergence And Experience Innovation: Implications for Adventure Travel
Distribution campaign leverages custom digital content for trade and consumer promotion featuring SeaTrek Sailing Adventures’ cruises in the remote Raja Ampat archipelago.
GLP Films, an award-winning content marketing agency specializing in travel trade storytelling, and SeaTrek Sailing Adventures, an operator specializing in authentic small-ship cruises, have partnered on a video campaign featuring a signature trip in the adventurous Raja Ampat archipelago of Eastern Indonesia. The campaign will share a collection of short-films and social videos with trade and consumer markets, including travel agents, tour operators, and leading travel media.
Described as the ‘Last Paradise on Earth,’ Raja Ampat National Park straddles the equator off the northwestern tip of Indonesian Papua, in the heart of the Coral Triangle. This archipelago of over 1500 cays, shoals and isles, is still relatively unexplored and offers travelers a truly adventurous experience. Raja Ampat is a globally-significant biodiversity hotspot, presenting a wealth of marine life, wildlife and exotic birds, as well as a vibrant culture and network of local villages. GLP Films elected to work in the region of Raja Ampat because of its tremendous potential as an emerging destination. SeaTrek Sailing Adventures was selected as a key partner due to their deep commitment to the integrity and preservation of Indonesia’s culture and environment.
“Sustainability of the environment and culture of the areas we operate is paramount as SeaTrek continues to take steps to position itself as a conservation-oriented company. We work across the board in this regard, from making small changes, such as our adoption of reusable steel water bottles, to working with NGOs and local communities to protect endangered species and traditions,” explains Michael Travers, Director of Marketing and Communications at SeaTrek Sailing Adventures.
SeaTrek Sailing Adventures offers a variety of ways to experience Raja Ampat in 10-12 day small ship cruises. Expeditions range from action-packed adventures to an expert-led cruise to learn more about unique biodiversity and history of the region. Here’s just a glimpse of some of the trips offered in 2018 and 2019:
- Raja Ampat Action and Adventure – geared towards an active and nature-loving crowd, this 10-day cruise is packed with fun ways to explore this marine wonderland.
- Wallace Trails and Sails with Dr. George Beccaloni – an expert-led cruise from Ambon to Sorong explores biodiversity on land and water.
- Jewels of Raja Ampat – a 10-day cruise exploring Raja Ampat that will engage all adventurers and nature-lovers.
- Papua’s Whale Sharks and Birds of Paradise – a 10-day journey that combined the beauty of Raja Ampat with the pure magic of snorkeling with whale sharks.
Travel trade interested in the emerging destination of Raja Ampat, including travel agents, tour operators, and travel media, can access GLP Films’ full suite of video content (7 videos) to help their marketing, sales, and communications needs for no cost at bit.ly/seatrek-atta.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.