On 24 and 25 March 2021, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) will bring together the adventure travel industry in Europe at its first-ever AdventureELEVATE Europe event. This virtual event is an opportunity to put aside the downsides of the current period and to come together to learn, network, and grow as more regional opportunities and connections become vital to long-term tourism sustainability.
Since 2016, the ATTA has offered AdventureELEVATE events in the USA and Canada including destinations such as Snowmass, Colorado; Saguenay, Quebec; Coeur d’Alene, Idaho; Banff/Lake Louise, Alberta; and Lake George, New York. In 2020, the ATTA moved the event to a virtual platform after a live event in Eugene, Oregon had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Virtual AdventureELEVATE Europe will focus on moving the industry forward with regenerative tourism as a priority. ATTA President Casey Hanisko shares, “We have had our eye on an AdventureELEVATE in Europe for several years now. With the pandemic still going strong, we knew we couldn’t wait any longer. The entire travel community is looking for practical advice as well as inspiration. The energy for the event from partners, members, and the community across Europe so far has been incredible.”
Gergana Nikolova, ATTA’s Director of Europe and Central Asia, said, “The content at AdventureELEVATE Europe places sustainability at the core of the recovery process in hope that we can empower and equip our entire community—from small business owners to professional guides, destination representatives, and other industry partners—with the knowledge, tools, and network they need to approach the revival of our sector with hope and perseverance. It is time to turn the big crisis into an opportunity by rolling our sleeves and really start re-building a healthy and future-proof tourism.”
Attendees of AdventureELEVATE will have the opportunity to:
- Network with travel industry professionals directly working in adventure tourism or those looking to expand their knowledge of services to include adventure, outdoor, and sustainable travel practices;
- Partake in inspirational keynotes sessions and solutions for pressing topics that look to the future;
- Join concurrent sessions and roundtables with interactive contribution from industry representatives;
- Meet international outbound tour operators from Europe, the Americas, Australia, and Asia as well as media specializing in the niche of adventure and outdoor;
- Experience virtual adventures offered from unique destinations featuring adventure product;
- And contribute to the shaping of our joint vision of what our future should and will be.
Virtual AdventureELEVATE partners include PromPeru, Flywire, Switzerland Tourism, Slovenia Tourist Board, Tenerife No Limits, VisitScotland, ITB Berlin, and Algarve Tourism Bureau. Long-time ATTA member and partner, Alex Herrmann from Switzerland Tourism said, “Switzerland Tourism has participated in many Adventure ELEVATE events in North America. The format and size of the event work very well for us; we love the opportunity to meet new and existing contacts and to be inspired by talks and panel discussion. Welcome ELEVATE to Europe!”
Registration is now open and partnerships are still available.