Latest from the ATTA
- Women in Travel Chooses Digital Format for the International Women in Travel & Tourism Forum 2021
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Becomes Official Partner of Switzerland Tourism in their Newly Announced Swisstainable Strategy in Tourism
- From Guides to CEOs, Women in Adventure Travel are on the Rise
Effective January 1st, 2013, Baumeler Reisen Lucerne took over the incoming specialist European Walking Tours (EWT) from Engelberg. The previous owner, Hansruedi Suter, is leaving the company, the three employees and the tour guides will remain employed and managed by Michael Mettler. With this takeover, Baumeler Reisen is handing over all incoming activities to EWT and laying additional foundations to develop the business sector “Incoming”.
European Walking Tours was founded in 1986. The company organizes hiking trips, ski trips and events in Switzerland and Europe. B2B business relationships are maintained by EWT, primarily with renowned non-profit travel organizations in the North American, Australian and the New Zealand market and company customers in Scandinavia.
The active travel provider Baumeler Reisen AG has been involved in the incoming business for quite some time. After combining both businesses into the Baumeler subsidiary European Walking Tours, the following services are offered in 2013:
- Outfitter Service: Here customized tours for groups of foreign travel organizations are combined and implemented under their company name.
- Scheduled Departures: Prearranged trips with guaranteed departure dates are offered to foreign travel organizations for booking and they are compensated with sales commissions.
- Events and Incentives: Primarily Scandinavian companies react to winter events such as ski trips in Engelberg etc. Here EWT will take over complete organization and support on site.
European Walking Tours is a member of Swiss Tourism and the Adventure Travel Trade Association. Both organizations offer the incoming specialist excellent platforms to position themselves even better internationally.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.