For 37 years the Mexican Association of Travel Agencies of Quintana Roo serves as a regulatory agency and vigilant adequate provision of service as well as defending the interests of its members. The Association was founded on November 16, 1976 under the name Travel Association Cancun, Quintana Roo, the first Civil Association in the destiny. In the year 1987 the Travel Association Cancun becomes a subsidiary of the national AMAV.
Members of the National AMAV have the right to use its famous emblem, a symbol of trust to identify their customers who are accredited in this Association.
The Association’s vision is consolidated with an image that is recognized both at home and abroad as leaders in the tourism industry to meet the expectations of their visitors.
They are focused on different values such as serve, join, training, represent, defend and develop.
- Serve: serve the state of Quintana Roo and Mexico to promote tourism.
- Join: enhance the union of travel agents based on beliefs and commitments.
- Training: to contribute to the training of entrepreneurs on the basis of their duties and business rights.
- Represent: achieve public and private presence of its members to agencies and authorities.
- Defend: defend tourist activities as a result of their development.
- Develop: develop the professionalism of business management in all areas.
The Council´s role is to manage and represent the Association before all kinds of administrative authorities of the municipality, state or federation as well as to suppliers and other associations, protecting the mutual interests of all member agencies.
The Board of AMAV Q. Roo consists of: Executive Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, 9 other members and of course nowadays also EcoColors Tours represents the most important agencies in Cancun and Riviera Maya.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.