Built for Outdoor Adventuring to Last Forever.
San Diego, CA – How do you improve upon the best? By making it even easier to use. The Outdoor Gear Series first introduced in Spring 2016, now boasts of new four-wheel Gear Warrior™ AWDs and a re-skinned Afar Backpack. These styles infuse Exo-Skeleton technology and seamless composite fabrication for a lightweight carry and with the promise of ultimate durability you’ll find across the Eagle Creek Outdoor Gear Series bags.
The new Gear Warrior AWDs take the highly functional design of Gear Warrior bags and add industry-leading 360º Dynamic Spin™ wheels with heavy duty tread, and a unique convex polycarbonate chassis that maximizes packing capacity while providing ultimate durability.
Gear Warrior AWDs feature the same seamless construction methods of their two-wheel cousins. This new technique not only reduces weight, it also increases strength and adds a new level of cool, with a rugged yet well-designed look. Built for gear junkies and outdoor enthusiasts, the new AWDs and Afar Backpack are built for rugged adventuring.
The new Afar backpack blends the most useful features of Eagle Creek’s best-selling backpack into a new, lighter weight, sleeker everyday backpack with All Ways Secure™ features, built-in durability, dedicated laptop space and organization for pens and small electronics.
Lighter and tougher than ever, Eagle Creek has removed all unnecessary weight from the Outdoor Gear line and engineered a new Geo Ripstop fabric with a pattern reminiscent of geodesic domes, which derives multiplied strength from its weave pattern without adding weight.
All new Outdoor Gear styles are covered by Eagle Creek’s legendary No Matter What™ Warranty.
Colors: Black, Smoky Blue, Tan/Olive
The new Outdoor Gear AWD bags will be available at retail 4/1/16.
The new Outdoor Gear Afar Backpack will be available at retail 7/1/16.
Outdoor Gear Series Fall ’16 Highlights:
Gear Warrior Afar Backpack
Durability meets organization in this maximum capacity, ultra-comfortable, All Ways Secure™ backpack.
Gear Warrior Afar Backpack (EC 0A2V73) MSRP $119
Capacity: 1890 cu in, 31 L; Weight: 1 lbs, 11 oz; Size: 12.25 x 20 x 8.5 in
- All Ways Secure™:
- Anti-theft: Lockable zippers and Central Lock Point
- Digital Safe-Zone: Padded compartment sized to fit a 17” laptop, plus
- Personal Safety: Sternum strap buckle with integrated safety whistle, an electronics pocket, reflective accents and light attachment loop
- Built-in Durability:
- Exo-Skeleton seamless composite fabrication strategically
- Water repellent Geo Ripstop and Helix™ fabrics with bartack
- Designated laptop compartment with cord management sleeve
- Padded breathable back panel and contoured backpack straps with tuckaway waist belt
- Adjustable sternum strap with integrated safety whistle
- Organization includes: electronics pocket, document slip pocket, zippered mesh pocket, pen slots and key fob
- Mesh side pockets and front stretch pocket with daisy chain
- Padded top grab handle and compression straps
- Reflective finger-friendly pulls
- Back slip panel for securely stacking on wheeled luggage
Gear Warrior AWD:
The ultimate travel bag, Gear Warrior™ AWDs are built for adventure with four heavy-duty wheels for maximum travel agility. Ultra-light and expandable so you can bring all the gear you want.
Gear Warrior™ AWD International Carry On 21.5 (EC 0A2V6Y) MSRP $259
Capacity: 2075 cu in / 34 L; Expanded Capacity: 2260 cu in / 37 L; Weight: 6 lbs, 1 oz; Size: 13.75 x 21.5 x 7.75 in; Expanded Size: 13.75 x 21.5 x 8.75 in
Gear Warrior™ AWD Carry On 22 (EC 0A2V6Z) MSRP $269
Capacity: 2320 cu in / 38 L; Expanded Capacity: 2500 cu in / 41 L; Weight: 6 lbs, 3 oz; Size: 14 x 22 x 9 in; Expanded Size: 14 x 22 x 10 in
Gear Warrior™ AWD 26 (EC 0A2V71) MSRP $299
Capacity: 3785 cu in / 62 L; Expanded Capacity: 4090 cu in / 67 L; Weight: 7 lbs, 0 oz; Size: 15.5 x 26 x 10 in; Expanded Size: 15.5 x 26 x 11 in
Gear Warrior™ AWD 29 (EC 0A2V72) MSRP $329
Capacity: 5850 cu in / 96 L; Expanded Capacity: 6165 cu in / 101 L; Weight: 8 lbs, 4 oz; Size: 17.25 x 29 x 12 in; Expanded Size: 17.25 x 29 x 13 in
- Ultra-light polycarbonate chassis with drop-down bottom for maximum internal capacity, help protect contents while reducing bag weight
- Four oversized, ultra-durable 360˚ Dynamic Spin Wheels offer effortless mobility with weightless in-hand carry
- Lightweight anodized aluminum dual handle
- Built-in Durability: strengthens wear points for maximum abrasion resistance reinforcement for strength
- Exo-Skeleton seamless composite fabrication strategically strengthens wear points for maximum abrasion resistance
- Reinforced hypalon material blocking and bumper protection
- Water repellent Geo Ripstop and Helix™ fabrics with bartack reinforcement for strength
- Stowable Equipment Keeper™ holds gear to top of bag the Porter Key™ bottle opener attachment
- Expandable main compartment for more packing space
- Multiple grab handles and Harness Handle™ for easy grab-and-go
- Exterior compression straps and lash points for securing gear
- Top pocket for quick grab items with large internal organizational pockets
- Lockable zippers with central locking point
- Interior compression straps secure contents
- ID Tag pocket and contrast accents throughout for easy ID
- Reflective finger-friendly zipper pulls for easy access easy while wearing gloves
- Integrates with Pack-It™ System, suggestions included
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.