(SEATTLE) – With special interest in his core leadership strengths and extensive experience in new media, philanthropic causes, customer care and consumer experiences, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) today announced the addition of Jeff Dossett, chief executive officer of AdventureLink, Inc., to its Advisory Board.
Prior to AdventureLink, Dossett served as Senior Vice President, Audience Experiences for Yahoo! North America. In this role, Dossett was responsible for editorial, content and programming of all consumer “touch-points” including Yahoo!’s industry-leading media, communications and community products and services in the United States and Canada. Prior to Yahoo!, Dossett was executive producer and general manager of the MSN Media Network in the United States, providing overall leadership for audience, content and programming strategy and execution. Dossett, who has climbed the highest mountain on each of the seven continents, known as the “Seven Summits”, including two successful ascents of Mount Everest, was recently named to The Hollywood Reporter’s “Digital Power 2009: The top 50 executives leading the charge in new-media content”.
“Jeff’s knowledge and connections in new media and his passion for adventure tourism as a business sector for positive impact is an incredible complement to our diverse advisory board,” said ATTA President Shannon Stowell.
Other adventure travel industry experts committed to support the ATTA and its efforts to grow and sustain the adventure travel industry include the following Advisory Board Members:
- Richard Bangs, adventurer, entrepreneur, author, producer and director – “Richard Bangs’ Adventures with Purpose”
- Eric Brodnax, VP, Orbitz Worldwide – General Manager, Away.com & Outside Online
- Urs Eberhard, Executive VP Markets & MICE Switzerland Tourism
- Francis X. Farrell, former publisher, Men’s Journal and National Geographic magazines
- Nicky Fitzgerald, Sales & Marketing Director, &Beyond (formerly CC Africa)
- Kurt Kutay, Founding Director and President of Wildland Adventures, Inc. and non-profit Travelers Conservation Trust
- Perry Lungmus, Director of Sales and Maketing, Travcoa
- Thornton May, Contributing Futurist, World Bank
- Helen Nodland, Founder Nodland Travel Enterprises, Chair of VAST, Virtuoso Travel Network
- Everett Potter, Author and Journalist, Contributing Editor, New York Times Syndicate, USA Today, Outside and others
- Gustavo Timo, Founder ABETA (Brazil Ecotourism and Adventure Association)
- Russell Walters, President, Northern Outdoors
Previous ATTA Advisory Board members whose terms have expired have earned ATTA Advisory Board Emeritus status:
- Mike Adams, Product Specialist, W.L. Gore & Associates
- Rick Hemmerling, Vice President, BuzzOff™
- Megan McCormick, Host of PBS Television’s “Globe-Trekker” Series
- John Poimiroo, travel and tourism marketing communications consultant, Travel Editor of California Magazine, and former California State Tourism Director
- Steve Trautman, Principal, Solution Strategies, former Expedia.com executive
- Ed Viesturs, America’s leading high-altitude mountaineer, author of “Himalayan Quest”
Established in 1990, the Seattle-based ATTA (www.adventuretravel.biz) is a global membership organization dedicated to unifying, networking, professionalizing, promoting and responsibly growing the adventure travel market. ATTA members include tour operators, destination marketing organizations, tourism boards, specialty travel agents, guides, accommodations, media and service providers. Host of the annual Adventure Travel World Summit executive trade conferences (www.adventuretravelworldsummit.com), the ATTA also makes possible www.Adventure.Travel, the traveler’s hub of physical, cultural and nature-based adventure travel and guide to trusted tour operators from around the globe.