First foray into the African bush for the world leader in active travel, with offerings including fly-in safaris, walking safaris and short-trip spotlights
Waterbury, VT – Country Walkers is stepping into Africa with the launch of CW Safaris, a compelling collection of safari adventures fashioned in the classic tradition for contemporary travelers of all ages and interests. With the launch, the world’s premier walking and biking tour provider entices travelers with exclusive, hand-crafted safari experiences that go well off the beaten tourist path to reveal the continent’s must-see locales. Unlike other group tours in Africa, the vision of “independent journeys” with CW Safaris allows travelers to choose their dates, travel companions, and choice of daily activities.
Like all Country Walkers trips, CW Safaris are remarkable; six distinct Safari Styles assure there is something for everyone. Classic Safaris explore the great safari destinations; Walking Safaris afford an active, smooth passage at a comfortable pace; Family Safaris are geared for adults and children alike with activities and accommodations chosen with family in mind – a rarity in the African safari genre; Custom Safaris allow the crafting of a customizable adventure with travel companions of choice; Fly-in Safaris reveal the majesty of Africa’s landscape and animals from above; while Safari Spotlights unfold as quick-hit adventures for just a few days – perfect as a trip extension or for experiencing on their own. CW Safaris provide recommended “best season to travel” tips, but departures are guaranteed and offered year-round.
There is plenty of adventure to go around in Africa, of course. Country Walkers jumps into the thick of it with a range of activities including, bush walks, game drives, bird watching, animal tracking, mountain biking, swimming, gorilla tracking, river cruises, wine tasting and stargazing. Travelers tool through beautiful national parks in customized 4X4 safari vehicles; soar above migrating herds and remarkable scenery in chartered planes; visit local villages; explore urban cityscapes; or even stride from bush camp to bush camp, as on the Zambia: South Luangwa “walking safari” – CW Safaris is the first to offer a bush camp to bush camp walk from one home base to another by foot in this region.
Travelers enjoy superb accommodation in premium tented camps, boutique lodges and luxury resorts in breathtaking surroundings. Safaris are led by exceptional, experienced guides. Meanwhile, CW Safaris assure intimacy with the locale, as well as authentic cultural experiences.
Here are a few examples of what awaits travelers in Africa with CW Safaris:
- Uganda: Gorillas & Chimps – Walking Safari: This unforgettable, world-class active adventure is highlighted by the opportunity to track mountain gorilla families on foot followed by guided game viewing, optional chimp tracking and brilliant bird watching in destinations including Lake Victoria, the Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary and the great Kampala Market. 8 days/7 nights; From $4,398 per person/double (single supplement, $500)
- Botswana & Zimbabwe – Fly-In Safari: Land in remote locations of unparalleled beauty unreachable by vehicle where arrays of ecosystems co-exist. Cross the grassy plains in search of elephants in Chobe National Park by 4×4 and boat; witness Africa’s predators at work during a bush walk in the Moremi Game Reserve; take a traditional canoe through the Okavango Delta; and visit the famous Victoria Falls with a sunset cruise. 9 days/8 nights; From $4,398 per person/double occupancy (single supplement, $498); includes internal airfare
- Kenya: Masai Mara, Amboseli & Tsavo – Classic Safari: Savor the best of Kenya while overnighting in premium tented camps. From the volcanic splendor of Tsavo West National Park to Amboseli with spectacular views toward snow-covered Mount Kilimanjaro to the world-famous Masai Mara National Reserve, home to elephant, buffalo, impala, lion, cheetah, giraffe, zebra and more. 8 days/7 nights; From $4,698 per person/double occupancy (single supplement, $898); includes internal airfare
- South Africa: Kruger National Park – Safari Spotlight: Explore one of the largest game reserves in Africa while overnighting in luxury antique-filled lodges reminiscent of Africa’s golden era. Enjoy the thrill of tracking zebra, buffalo, giraffe, elephant, rhino and lion through the bush on foot with expert guides. The traditional safari experience comes complete with a high tea, sundowner cocktails and campfire dinners.
5 days/4 nights; From $3,098 per person/double occupancy (single supplement, $450); includes internal airfare
- Tanzania: Classic Game Parks & Zanzibar – Family Safari: Track the “Big 5” in the lush bushveld of Tarangire National Park and endless plains of the legendary Serengeti; descend into the Ngorongoro Crater for a thrilling game drive; visit with the Hadzabe Tribe, of Lake Eyasi; and play in the waves on the exotic island of Zanzibar. 13 days/12 nights; From $7,198 per adult (single supplement, $1,465), $4,398 per child; includes internal airfare
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.