Latest from the ATTA
- Women in Travel Chooses Digital Format for the International Women in Travel & Tourism Forum 2021
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Becomes Official Partner of Switzerland Tourism in their Newly Announced Swisstainable Strategy in Tourism
- From Guides to CEOs, Women in Adventure Travel are on the Rise
London, UK – The Tourism for Tomorrow Awards, one of the world’s most renowned and prestigious awards, has revealed its 2012 Finalists. We are delighted to announce that Cheli & Peacock has been named as one of three finalists in the Conservation category. The winners will be announced at Tourism for Tomorrow’s award ceremony being held in Japan during April 2012.
WTTC is proud to announce this year’s Tourism for Tomorrow Awards Finalists:
Community Benefit Award:
- Saunders Hotel Group, USA
- Soria Moria Boutique Hotel, Cambodia
- The Thailand Community Based Tourism Institute, Thailand
Destination Stewardship Award:
Global Tourism Business:
Tourism for Tomorrow’s thorough judging process makes this awards scheme particularly unique. Every year they ensure a rigorous three-step judging process, including on-site evaluations. The 2012 on-site evaluations will begin soon with esteemed sustainability experts visiting each of the Finalists, to make in-depth assessments and gain a well-rounded picture of the organisations and practices.
The winners will be announced on 17th April at this year’s WTTC Global Summit in Tokyo from 16-19 April 2012, following the evaluation of the winner selection committee.
The committee is drawn from media, government, non-profit organisations and the private sector. In addition to Costas Christ, the 2012 judges are Hon Mr Marthinus van Schalkwyk, Minister of Tourism, South Africa; H.E. Sergio Díaz-Granados, Minister of Trade & Tourism, Colombia; Fiona Jeffery, Chairman of World Travel Market & Just A Drop; and Keith Bellows, Editor-in-Chief of National Geographic Traveler.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.