Latest from the ATTA
- Industry Voices: Antje von Dewitz, Visionary Leader of VAUDE, Sets the Bar for Sustainability Among Outdoor Brands
- LifeStraw’s Humanitarian Mission Drove it to Become a Leading Water Filtration Company
- Leadership Voices: Ana Ines Figueroa and Jorge Moller Offer Insight Into the Latin American Adventure Market
A small beach lodge helping to lift a community out of poverty, a project to regenerate an island’s fragile eco-system, an international hotel company supporting the protection of orang-utans, turtles and coral reefs, and a national park collaborating with local villagers for wildlife conservation and preservation of 2000 year-old rock art sites, are among the twelve finalists in the 2011 Tourism for Tomorrow Awards. The awards, under the Stewardship of the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), recognise achievements among businesses and destinations across the full spectrum of the travel and tourism industry.
Highly competitive and a standard bearer in the industry, the Awards are given out in four different categories:
Global Tourism Business.
- Intrepid Travel, Australia & Global, www.intrepidtravel.com
- Sabre Holdings/Travelocity Global, USA & Global, www.sabre-holdings.com
- Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hong Kong & Global, www.shangri-la.com
- Frégate Island Private, Seychelles, www.fregate.com
- Singita Pamushana, Zimbabwe, www.singita.com
- The Jane Goodall Institute/Budongo Ecotourism Development Project, Uganda, www.jgiuganda.org/projects_budongo.html
- Agri Tourism Development Corporation, India, www.agritourism.in
- Guludo Beach Lodge, Mozambique, www.guludo.com
- Pride ‘n Purpose – Ulusaba Private Game Reserve, South Africa, www.ulusaba.virgin.com/pridenpurpose
- Alpine Pearls, Austria, www.alpine-pearls.com
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority, South Africa, www.isimangaliso.com
- Nurture Lakeland, UK, www.nurturelakeland.org
Once again, winners and finalists will be recognised at WTTC’s annual Global Travel & Tourism Summit, held this year at the sustainably-designed and certified Aria Resort in Las Vegas from 17 – 19 May. The Tourism for Tomorrow Awards are organised in association with Travelport and the Travel Corporation’s Conservation Foundation.