Latest from the ATTA
Less than a month after flooding and mudslides swept through Australia, the northeast coast of the nation has just gone through a Level 5 cyclone called Yasi in the Queensland region.
See below for updates from global media, or tune into Australia’s ABC News live blog updates on Yasi.
- Cairns, Whitsundays return to normal post Yasi but power still a problem for Mission Beach – thUMBRELLA – February 8th, 2011 – 10:59 am
- Queensland plans to market its way to recovery – thUMBRELLA – February 7th, 2011 – 6:03 pm
- Australians Take Cover as Cyclone Lashes Coast – New York Times – February 3, 2011
- Cyclone Hits Northeast Australia, but Damage Is Limited – Wall Street Journal – February 2, 2011- 5:41pm ET
- Giant cyclone pounds Australia coast; no deaths – Reuters – February 2, 2011 – 5:59pm EST
- La Nina helps fuel monster Australian cyclone Yasi – Reuters – February 2, 2011 – 2:03am EST