Latest from the ATTA
- Women in Travel Chooses Digital Format for the International Women in Travel & Tourism Forum 2021
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Becomes Official Partner of Switzerland Tourism in their Newly Announced Swisstainable Strategy in Tourism
- From Guides to CEOs, Women in Adventure Travel are on the Rise
Amity Tours is not only operating unforgettable adventure experiences in Chile, we are also working as a consultant in the local tourism industry. Today we are transferring knowledge to micro and small tour operators all around the Scenic Route in the Lake and Volcano District.
The Scenic Route in the Lake and Volcano District, Chile
Under the name “The Scenic Route in the Lake and Volcano District” we do understand a tourist product that articulates attractions and experiences with a component of scenic beauty in southern Chile. The government of Chile has been developing the Interlagos Network for 20 years. It has six circuits and more than 2,000 km of roads that transport visitors along a geography shaped by the force of volcanism, bathed by large lakes, upholstered by the green of the oldest forests on the planet, and inhabited by ancestral cultures. This network of roads has generated connectivity between potential poles of tourist development and other consolidated in the regions of La Araucanía, Los Ríos, and Los Lagos. The First Scenic Route of Chile has a unique layout, unmissable for lovers of pristine nature and adventure travellers.
Amity Tours is working hard to help reach the ambitious vision of this project: “To be the best positioned scenic route of Chile in the national and international market as a singular and sustainable experience that allows the encounter with the mapuche, colony and criolla cultures and the unique nature of Araucanía, Los Ríos, and Los Lagos.”
At the moment we are transferring our knowledge to micro and small local tour operators to generate more sustainable tourism in the destination. An important part of the content we obtained from the useful workshops the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) has provided us.
Step by Step to a sustainable tourism destination
First of all, we were updating the database of the micro and small local tour operators forming part of the Scenic Route. Then we offered all of them free courses separated by environments: Water – Mountains – Conventional tourism and focusing on sustainable tour operating.
Out of the tour operators who were participating in these first courses, we formed a “Club of Experiences”. The members are getting more classes for free to get prepared for the important Virtual Business Roundtable we are organizing in March 2021.
The three webinars will address the following topics:
- Preparation of Commercial Actions, Here we will talk about the different formats to approach the B2B channel, with emphasis on the virtual business conference that we will have at the end of March.
- Preparation of Commercial Material, Here we will dive into the manuals and tariffs that are presented at a business conference.
- Preparation of the Commercial Pitch, Here we will talk about what a pitch is and how it should be built and used depending on the format of the meeting and who we have in front of in a business conference.
Virtual Business roundtable
The final objective of these courses is to bring local operators closer to the B2B channel. That is why we are organizing the First Business Roundtable of the Lakes & Volcanoes Scenic Route. It will be held in March, between Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 2021, in a 100% online format through the Eventtia platform.
We are convinced that brining the local operators together and transferring valuable knowledge to them will help promoting our unique destination in a sustainable way.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.