Latest from the ATTA
- Women in Travel Chooses Digital Format for the International Women in Travel & Tourism Forum 2021
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Becomes Official Partner of Switzerland Tourism in their Newly Announced Swisstainable Strategy in Tourism
- From Guides to CEOs, Women in Adventure Travel are on the Rise
Tahoe City, CA – AdventureSmith Explorations, the active travel company that secures matches between adventure-seeking clients and a treasure trove of small, expedition ships, is arranging strategies with its portfolio of cruise companies to assist an estimated 4,000
travelers whose cruise vacations were impacted by the recent demise of Cruise West.
On Sept. 17, 2010, Cruise West announced that effective Sept. 18, 2010, the company was ceasing all operations.
Todd Smith, founder of AdventureSmith Explorations, explains why his company feels compelled to do something to help displaced passengers, “As a preferred partner with Cruise West we are saddened by their closure. We are empathetic to the pain and panic their clients must be experiencing. We want to do everything in our power to assist those passengers in their pursuit of an alternative top quality, small ship cruise vacation.”
Smith was instrumental in helping arrange cruise incentives for cancelled Cruise West clients. He outlined special offers to date that companies are extending to these thousands of travelers whose vacations were aborted by the now-defunct cruise company.
Displaced but documented Cruise West clients can opt for 20 to 50 percent savings on a range of 2010 and 2011 Orion Expeditions cruises by booking by Oct. 31, 2010, on the following sailings:
• 50% reduction on any Orion sailing between now and Mar. 7, 2011, (not including Antarctica)
• 25% reduction on Papua New Guinea 2010 and 2011 sailings
• 25% reduction on Antarctica sailings December 2010/January 2011
• 20% reduction on Kimberley sailings 2011
• 20% reduction on any Orion II destination in 2011
Lindblad Expeditions will honor documented deposits made to Cruise West (up to $500 per booking) when rebooking a cruise with them. This is in addition to any applicable offers for the following expeditions:
• Baja: Pre-Hispanic Art, Missions and Wildlife – Jan. 2, 5, 12, 15. Guests will receive the current offer of $500 per person plus $500 off per booking.
• Alaska: On select dates in May and the first two weeks in June guests will receive the current offer of $500 per person plus the current promotion of “free air” or “free air plus $500” depending on the date of departure.
• Costa Rica Panama: Guests will receive the current offer “3 day complementary extension to Montverde”, plus an additional $500 per booking for departures on Nov. 6, 13, 20; Dec. 8, 11, 18; Jan. 22, 29; Feb. 16, 19; Mar. 2, 26.
American Safari Cruises/InnerSea Discoveries is offering a $150 per person savings if being re-accommodated on InnerSea Discoveries and $300 per person off if rebooked on American Safari Cruises. Plus:
• On InnerSea Discoveries’ Mexico Sea of Cortes Cruise, Jan-Apr there is an offer for 25 percent off of published fares for anyone who had been booked on a Cruise West Spirit of Endeavour Mexico cruise.
Fantasy Cruises offers displaced guests of Cruise West a $275 per person savings plus two free pre or post cruise hotel nights (Sitka, Petersburg or Juneau) for bookings on their Alaska cruise ship Island Spirit.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.