Latest from the ATTA
(SEATTLE) November 10, 2015 – The Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA; www.adventuretravel.biz) is now offering online courses as part of its AdventureEDU program, which provides training for governments, associations and tour operators involved in the adventure travel industry. Previously only offered as in-destination programs, now the ATTA is offering three courses using the online education platform, Udemy.
The courses are led by AdventureEDU educators, specialists in professional development specifically as it relates to adventure travel businesses. Most educators have owned or managed tour operator companies so the courses target owner operators who want to build on already successful businesses or are starting out on a new venture.
“Going into a destination and offering an intensive on-site course is rewarding and effective, but bringing this knowledge to a wider audience is very inline with the mission of the ATTA,” said the organization’s Director of Research and Education Christina Beckmann, “The Udemy platform is user-friendly and requires low-bandwidth so students can learn at their own pace, on their own time and gain practical tips with each lesson that they can put to work immediately.”
At this time there are three course offerings:
- “Marketing Strategies for Adventure Travel Companies,” taught by adventure travel marketing consultant Julie Thorner, covers strategies for marketing through online and offline channels, creating content and partnerships and measuring and evaluating programs and processes. Offered in English and Spanish.
- “Content Marketing Strategy for Adventurous Brands,” taught by digital marketing consultant Matthew Barker, offers a deep-dive into content marketing — how to create a strategy in order to do it properly and to understand and measure content goals. Offered in English only.
- “Adventure Travel Business Management for Ground Suppliers,” taught by veteran tour operator Jean Claude Razel, focuses on business resource management for adventure travel ground suppliers. Offered in English only.
“As a small owner operator based in Brazil, this course was an excellent fit for my business,” said Vanessa Mariño, who completed the Marketing Strategies course. “We need a marketing plan that we can implement with our small team and be able to monitor as part of our ongoing business operations. The course helped us think through the entire strategy and select aspects we would implement first.”
Courses range from US $99 – $219. To view course options, visit our Online Training Programs page. You will be taken directly to the course page on Udemy by clicking on “Access Course.” ATTA members receive a discount on all course offerings.
About Adventure Travel Trade Association
Established in 1990, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) serves over 1,000 members in 90 countries worldwide. Members predominantly include tour operators, tourism boards, specialty agents and accommodations with a vested interest in the sustainable development of adventure tourism. The ATTA delivers solutions and connections that propel members towards their business goals and the industry toward a responsible and profitable future. Through its regional AdventureConnect events and annual Adventure Travel World Summit trade conference, the ATTA excels in professional learning, networking and partnering services. With expertise in research, education, adventure travel industry news and promotion, members of the ATTA receive competitive opportunities that help establish them as leaders in adventure tourism.
For more information:
- Adventure Travel World Summit
- Adventure.Travel – consumer portal to member tours
To connect with us: