Latest from the ATTA
- Creative Unscripted Adventures and a Bold Attitude: Lost Travel Sets an Example with “2.5% for Tomorrow”
- Blacks in Travel and Tourism is First Grant Recipient of Tourism Cares’ Diversity in Tourism Fund
- Flywire Becomes the Adventure Travel Trade Association’s Official Preferred Global Payments Partner Through the Newly Announced 2021 – 2022 Partnership
New York, NY- For those travelers who enjoy identifying places through photos, or enjoy anything having to do with travel, Adventure Center’s new “Adventure of a Lifetime” contest offers the chance to win a grand prize trip on one of three continents. Besides the possibility of weekly prizes, consisting of city tours throughout North America, the grand prize winner will be able to choose one of three air-inclusive adventure tours: nine days either touring the treasures of Sicily or hiking Peru’s Inca Trail, or 14 days cycling from Thailand’s Bangkok to Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City. The process couldn’t be easier: after registering at www.adventure-of-a-lifetime.
Seven weekly prizes consist of city tours of San Francisco, Philadelphia, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Toronto, New York and New Orleans. The grand prize, drawn on or around August 19, is an air-inclusive trip for two on a choice of one of the following:
- “Treasures of Sicily” is a nine-day small group adventure tour beginning and ending in Catania, Sicily, and explores Mt. Etna, the UNESCO sites of Siracusa, Agrigento, Sellnunte, and Zingaro National Reserve. Guests travel by air-conditioned minibus and boat, and spend nights in small family-run hotels where all breakfasts are included. Departure is on October 22, 2011; approximate retail value of prize is US $5,800.
- “Cycle Indochina and Angkor” is a 14-day small group cycling tour that crosses three countries, kicking off in Bangkok, Thailand on October 16, 2011, moving through Cambodia, and ending in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Highlights of the average 32-mile-per-day trip include the limestone hills of Thailand’s largest National Park, Khao Yai, Cambodia’s Angkor Wat and Vietnam’s Mekong Delta. The tour includes cycling with vehicle support, hotel accommodations, one-night home stay, all breakfasts, seven lunches and one dinner; approximate retail value of prize is US $7,000
- “The Inca Trail” is a nine-day small group hiking tour round-trip out of Cuzco, Peru. The October 27, 2011 departure offers explorers four days walking with full porterage along one of the most trails in the Americas – the Inca Trail. Participants walk alongside the Urubamba River, climb to Huayllabamba, cross Dead Women’s Pass, visit the ruins of Sayajmarca and Phuyupatamarca, and spend two days in Machu Picchu. The return to Cuzco is by train. Included are four nights’ hotel accommodations, four nights’ camping; all breakfasts, five lunches and four dinners; approximate retail value of prize is US $5,300.
Additional information, brochures and reservations, can be obtained from travel agents or Adventure Center’s visitor-friendly web site, www.adventurecenter.com; or by phone: U.S. (800) 228-8747; Canada (866) 338-8735. Adventure Center has provided world-class, affordably priced adventure travel experiences with one-on-one advice for more than 35 years. Adventure Center’s Travel Specialists have personally traveled to more than 130 countries and offer knowledgeable guidance to guests in selecting an “adventure of a lifetime.” In the U.S., Adventure Center is a registered trademark of Adventure Center (First Choice Inc.) and in Canada it is a trademark of FC Adventures Canada Inc.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.