Life is perfect and then we take up running, trekking, cycling etc. and nothing is the same again. This is how our founder chucked her job as the Regional Director of the world’s largest coach touring company and set up Active Holiday Company (the first of it’s kind in India), combining her 21 years of travel industry experience and passion for active travel.
The English speaking Small Group Big Fun trips to destinations in Asia, Africa and Europe are based on activities like cycling, hiking, trekking, watersports, wildlife safaris etc. These are characterized by mid-range accommodation at good locally owned and run hotels, often without a brand name and at times we throw in home-stays to add to the experience. We do succumb to big hotels when choices are limited but we strive to deliver authentic experiences with local cuisine, guides etc.
We also operate marathon tours as the Active Holiday Company is the sole India representative of World Majors like the Virgin Money London Marathon and Bank of America Chicago Marathon in India, in addition to other races like Khmer Empire Marathon (Cambodia), Dubai Marathon, Athens Classic Marathon etc. This being a huge passion for our team, we also support teenagers and young adults from unprivileged backgrounds so they can travel to participate in marathon races away from their homes.
- Our trips are priced fairly – go for apples-to-apples comparison and you will see.
- We offer more inclusions in the same price range than other similar trips floating around.
- We support everything local as we work directly with experts in each country.
- Our small group departures comprise no more than 8 to 10 persons.
- We offer a choice of independent or group trips through most of Asia and Africa.
- You have the ability to offer some of our departures as your own trips – white-label them.
- Our pre-sale service standard (that includes training) is as high as the standard on the trips.
- We offer technology to include our trips on your website through API feeds.
- 72 hour time limit to book, confirm and pay through our online reservation and payment system.
- Last but not the least… all trips are commissionable to our partners.
We rounded it off to make it look good, but there are many more reasons, an important one being that we are enthusiastic, passionate and fun people to work with..
As for our travellers, who hail from all parts of the world, they usually…
- Have an insatiable desire to have fun, do things out of the ordinary, get on the back-roads and behind the scenes etc.
- Crave authentic experiences and therefore understand the importance preserving and supporting the local scene.
- Appreciate the security of going with a reliable ‘expert’.
- Love the idea of exploring destinations differently but appreciate like-mined strangers as travel companions.
OUR INTEREST: We would love to network with like-minded companies on various platforms, though our immediate objective is to increase our distribution. We are ALWAYS looking for partnerships and alliances with travel companies across the world (Europe, North America, Far East and Australia in particular). Depending on the region and our current relationships, we are open to discussing exclusivity, General Sales Agency relationships etc.