United by a powerful belief that travel creates inspiring and life-changing moments, Active Adventures of Queenstown, New Zealand, and Austin Adventures of Montana, USA have merged to provide a wider world of opportunities for global travelers.
The merger will enable more adventure travelers to benefit from a broader range of global destinations and experiences. Both companies specialize in off-the-beaten-path small group adventure trips delivered with a personal touch.
“Travel today is not just about choosing a destination. Now more than ever, it’s about how we travel,” says Wendy van Lieshout, CEO of the new merger. “It’s about precious time together – creating lifetime memories, being inspired, and connecting with the people and environment around us. It’s about feeling you can trust the company you are on that journey with – that all the little details will be taken care of to create the best experience possible. To expand our offerings to our loyal customers, it was critical we find a like-minded brand to join forces with. Just like us, Austin Adventures was born out of a deep passion for sharing authentic, curated, and inspirational adventure experiences with their guests.”
Each brand brings its own specialties and experiences that form an expanded, unified collection of adventure opportunities across the globe. Now, Austin Adventures’ tours will be available for booking on Active Adventures’ website, adding adventures in the USA, Canada, and Central America for both brands, including specific family departures. Active Adventures’ unique hiking, biking, and kayaking experiences in New Zealand, South America, Europe, the Himalayas, and Africa will be available via the Austin Adventures’ website.
According to Dan Austin, founder of Austin Adventures, the homework has been done to make sure the match was a natural fit and would create new opportunities for each other’s loyal guests. “We were founded in different countries, yet our companies have very similar stories. Each business is like a family – now we’ve just created one bigger family!”
- Incredible local guides who have in-depth knowledge of every destination and years (if not decades) of experience
- Small group sizes – average of 12-18 travelers per trip with two guides.
- One-of-a-kind experiences, away from the crowds
- All-inclusive, multi-day, fully guided, multi-activity adventures in the most stunning adventure travel destinations around the world
- Authentic, personalized service – taking care of every detail, so guests can just relax and enjoy their vacation
- Hand-picked accommodations in amazing locations
- Great food and memorable meals are part of the adventure and experience
The two brands have come together as one global team across New Zealand and the USA, with operational bases around the globe.
“We share the same commitment to putting our guests at the heart of everything we do. We look forward to sharing many more special experiences with our guests and partners,” says van Lieshout.