Latest from the ATTA
- Women in Travel Chooses Digital Format for the International Women in Travel & Tourism Forum 2021
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Becomes Official Partner of Switzerland Tourism in their Newly Announced Swisstainable Strategy in Tourism
- From Guides to CEOs, Women in Adventure Travel are on the Rise
SEATTLE, WA—In addition to their expert leaders and unique expeditionary style of travel, Zegrahm Expeditions has perhaps become best known for their circumnavigations of some of the world’s most interesting, and, often times, obscure, archipelagos. In fact, the 20-year-old company was the first to circumnavigate Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic and New Guinea in the western South Pacific. Zegrahm believes linking together all the fascinating locales within a single destination by small-ship offers travelers an in-depth and uncompromised view of the local culture, history, and natural environment. Plus, many of the areas that Zegrahm visits have little to no infrastructure in place so traveling by small ship is the only way to go.
And, 2011 is no exception. Zegrahm’s travel year commences with the first of the following five highly-anticipated circumnavigations, two of which are brand-new itineraries for Zegrahm:
- Circumnavigation of Sumatra: Zegrahm celebrates the start of the New Year with an inaugural 18-day sojourn around Western Indonesia’s equator-straddling island of Sumatra. Travelers will be amazed by orangutans in Gunung Leuser National Park, spectacular Krakatoa Island, and stone-jumping super-humans on Nias Island, plus the region’s incredible array of wildlife, unspoiled wilderness, and over a dozen ethnic groups.
- Circumnavigation of Sicily: Zegrahm’s first-ever April expedition circling the Mediterranean’s largest island combines visits to amazing archaeological wonders—from the Roman theaters and villas of Taormina and Lipari to the ornate Norman-Arab castles and cathedrals in Cefalu, Palermo, and Monreale—with a tasty immersion into the region’s famed viticulture and cuisine.
- Circumnavigation of Iceland: This 14-day expedition reveals the element-sculpted landscapes and volcanic wizardry that have made the Land of Fire and Ice famous. Travelers search for breeding whooper swans; ride snowmobiles across Europe’s largest glacier; walk among ruins that recall the heyday of Viking exploration; and explore the fabled Golden Circle—Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, and the Geysir Center.
- Circumnavigation of Ireland: The Emerald Isle truly sparkles on this fascinating August voyage that brings history to life as Zegrahm explores the Neolithic burial site of Newgrange; the Viking legacy of Waterford; and the 18th-century English architecture in Dublin, Cork, and Killarney. No less spectacular are the rolling green glens of the Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula’s dramatic cliffs, and Northern Ireland’s Giant’s Causeway.
- Circumnavigation of the Black Sea: Eurasia’s most intriguing destinations are revealed—Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, and Bulgaria—on a 15-day expedition where beautiful landscapes are enhanced only by the stunning architecture and archaeological sites that travelers experience on one of two September departures. This itinerary is a long-time favorite among Zegrahm travelers.
To learn more about each of these itineraries, plus read accounts of past circumnavigation expeditions, visit www.zeco.com.
Put your Zegrahm knowledge to the test!
CONTACT: Carmin Arnot, Director of Sales
TEL: 800-628-8747 or 206-285-4000
E-MAIL: [email protected]
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.