Latest from the ATTA
- Q&A: Indian Father-Daughter Team Summits Mt. Everest, Smashing Stereotypes About Women
- Travel Agents Reveal Clients’ Adventure Trends; Partnership Between Agents and Adventure Industry Continues to Grow at EDGE Conference
- Adventure Travel Industry, Outdoor Community Unite for Evening of Networking, Fundraising for Adventure Travel Conservation Fund
Special offers, events and cruise giveaways celebrate 20th anniversary of small ship cruise line
Seattle, WA — Un-Cruise Adventures uncorks the champagne in 2016 to celebrate 20 years of small ship adventure cruising in Alaska; coastal Washington; Columbia & Snake Rivers; Hawaii; British Columbia, Canada; and Mexico. New in 2016, the line begins operating in Galápagos, Costa Rica and Panama.
The Seattle-based company began business as American Safari Cruises with one yacht in 1996 before changing its name to Un-Cruise Adventures in 2013 after significant growth. Over the course of five years beginning in 2009, the company expanded its fleet from three yachts carrying 12-36 guests to eight ships carrying 22-88 guests and doubled its destinations from four to eight.
“I attribute much of our success to the passion for adventure shared among staff and leaders here,” said Captain Dan Blanchard, CEO. “Recognizing the dramatic upswing in adventure travel’s popularity over the last two decades, we maximize the potential of small ships to get close to wildlife, wilderness and authentic cultures.
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, the company is rolling out a number of new perks and offers:
- New chairman’s theme cruises invite guests to sail with a company owner and leader
- A celebratory toast and anniversary dessert extravaganza aboard every trip in 2016
- Two cruise giveaways through an essay contest beginning February 26
- Limited edition 20th anniversary logo gear on board the ships
- A donation to Tourism Cares for each guest visit to Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska to honor the National Parks centennial
- 20th anniversary savings on select cruise dates updated throughout year
Un-Cruise Adventures offers weeklong adventure cruises in remote and scenic areas, with few if any port calls, and a focus on outdoor activities such as kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, paddle boarding, skiff explorations, seeking out wildlife and whale watching. Expedition guides provide interpretation along the way. One ship in the fleet sails river cruises on the Columbia and Snake Rivers with a focus on history and wine.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.