(SEATTLE) June 14, 2016 – Adventure Travel professionals from all over the globe will converge in Anchorage, Alaska, from September 19 – 22, 2016, for the Adventure Travel World Summit, presented by the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA; www.adventuretravel.biz). The educational sessions at the core of the program will inspire delegates and provide leadership and training on how to run successful adventure organizations. The Summit is a platform for forging powerful new partnerships that push boundaries, create movements and propel the industry toward a sustainable future.
The ATTA is proud to announce the headlining plenaries that will bring the Go Big. Be Bold. theme to life. This year, the ATTA has invited inspirational keynote speakers, representing a diversity of experience from inside and outside the travel industry.
“There’s a tendency to shy away from talking about the role of integrity in the travel industry,” said ATTA VP of Marketing and Communications Casey Hanisko, “But when we’re facing things like corruption and difficult economic decisions that challenge our values, we need tools to be strong leaders and to help us think past immediate profit.”
The following plenaries will address these important themes:
- David Horsager, author of a national bestselling book on leadership, delivers The Trust Edge: 8 Pillars to Grow Your Adventure Travel Business, explaining how trust is a fundamental, bottom line issue allowing individuals and businesses to enjoy greater creativity, productivity, and ultimately results.
- Shannon Huffman Polson shares stories from her years in an Apache helicopter cockpit in Bosnia and Korea and on expeditions in Alaska’s Arctic to demonstrate the importance of having grit and living with purpose in Uncharted Territory: Lessons in Grit from Bosnia to Alaska’s Arctic
- Tourism experts Jamie Sweeting of Planterra, Colleen Stephens of Stan Stephens Cruises, Jim Sano of World Wildlife Fund, and Shannon Stowell of the ATTA dive into the complexities of the cruise industry in Perspective: The Value of Cruise in Adventure Travel
- Three passionate leaders from around the globe are Leaders with Heart and will share their experiences championing their causes – Princess Lucaj, Blair Glencorse, and Robert Ghukasyan.
- Moe Carrick, longtime ATTA advisor and leadership and change management expert, sends delegates off with inspiration and hope in Trailhead Fever: How to Be Big, Bold, and Brave Beyond.
In addition to the keynote plenaries there will be four concurrent educational tracks. A full agenda with all concurrent session details and speakers will be released in the month of June. A quick day by day agenda can be found here.
The Adventure Travel World Summit is limited to 750 delegates and is currently sold out. If you are interested in attending you may join our waitlist.
About Adventure Travel Trade Association
Established in 1990, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) serves over 1,100 members in 90 countries worldwide. Members predominantly include tour operators, tourism boards, specialty agents and accommodations with a vested interest in the sustainable development of adventure tourism. The ATTA delivers solutions and connections that propel members towards their business goals and the industry toward a responsible and profitable future. Through its regional AdventureConnect events and annual Adventure Travel World Summit trade conference, the ATTA excels in professional learning, networking and partnering services. With expertise in research, education, adventure travel industry news and promotion, members of the ATTA receive competitive opportunities that help establish them as leaders in adventure tourism.
For more information:
- Adventure Travel World Summit
- Adventure.Travel – traveler portal to member tours
Connect with us: