We’re expanding our network of contributing voices to AdventureTravelNews
AdventureTravelNews is a weekly publication of the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA), featuring original articles devoted to trending industry topics, news, and education from the ATTA, the adventure community, and its members. AdventureTravelNews is geared toward a trade audience. This includes stakeholders from throughout the adventure travel industry as well as the tourism industry at large, which considers adventure travel as a dynamic, growing, influential segment of the travel market. The ATTA and its members are constantly creating and shaping industry standards to protect the people and places the tourism industry touches.
AdventureTravelNews is delivered to more than 26,000 subscribers every Wednesday. Email accounts for 22% of traffic to the AdventureTravelNews website, which receives more than 16,000 pageviews every month. Original articles are also promoted on Facebook (18,000+ followers) and Twitter (14,000+ followers).
We encourage ATTA adventure media members to pitch story ideas for the following sections:
Adventure Means Business: Trends and tips about the business side of adventure. We’re looking for expertly written how-to articles especially about social media, marketing, and business strategies.
The Long View: A deeper look into industry-wide trends. We’re looking for big trends with several specific examples from operators and destinations, travel agents, or other members of the adventure travel community.
From the Top: Interviews with executives, managers, and visionaries in the adventure travel, outdoor, or conservation worlds. We can suggest interview subjects.
- Article length: ideally between 800-1200 words.
- AdventureTravelNews editor reserves the right to edit copy before publishing.
- Accompanying original photos are appreciated, but not required (we do not pay extra for photos).
- Articles accepted by AdventureTravelNews editor are exclusive to AdventureTravelNews and not available for re-publishing.
- Once an article is accepted, the ATTA can send a Journalist Alert to its members on your behalf for additional sources.
Send article ideas, including any sources you intend to interview, to [email protected].